chief

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2002

If I splice a Glacial Ray onto a Rend Flesh can i target 2 different
creatures or do the Rend Flesh and the Glacial Ray's effect have to
target the same creature?

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Chief wrote:

> If I splice a Glacial Ray onto a Rend Flesh can i target 2 different
> creatures or do the Rend Flesh and the Glacial Ray's effect have to
> target the same creature?

You can choose different targets just as you can with Decimate. The
text of GR is just added to the text of Rend Flesh.
--
David

On 17 Nov 2004 06:59:26 -0800, Chief <snu0037@aol.com> wrote:
>If I splice a Glacial Ray onto a Rend Flesh can i target 2 different
>creatures or do the Rend Flesh and the Glacial Ray's effect have to
>target the same creature?

You may target two different creatures or may target the same creature. (The
latter is -usually- sort of pointless, but is still legal.) You may also target
a player with the Ray and a nonSpirit creature with the Rend Flesh.

Dave

Oh no! It's Chief!
> If I splice a Glacial Ray onto a Rend Flesh can i target 2 different
> creatures or do the Rend Flesh and the Glacial Ray's effect have to
> target the same creature?

You can do it either way. They changed the rules so that they *can*
target the same creature (prior to Champions of Kamigawa, this would not
have been possible), but they do not *have to* target the same creature.