browser slowdown in XPpro

Hello,

My IE6 is really acting up. It will slow down to a crawl and pretty much
become useless in the evenings. I've done download tests with my ISP (I'm on
DSL), and all seems fine on their end. My comp has no viruses, spyware, or
bad stuff running in the background. I've tried a different ethernet port,
and different network cables. Nothing seems to work. I can only use the net
during the day, or in the wee hours of the morning. Any suggestions? Thanks
in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about browser slowdown xppro

    Hey,
    Monitor the internet connection to see whether any other programs are trying
    to access the net....you can do this by a firewall or using task manager to
    see what programs are running. If you find a suspicious one, just end the
    task. If your firewall doesn't have an option to do this, get the trial
    version of zone alarm pro... Also try scanning the computer using PC doctor,
    it finds a lot of things other programs miss...
    Hope this helps....

    "DigitalNoodle" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > My IE6 is really acting up. It will slow down to a crawl and pretty much
    > become useless in the evenings. I've done download tests with my ISP (I'm on
    > DSL), and all seems fine on their end. My comp has no viruses, spyware, or
    > bad stuff running in the background. I've tried a different ethernet port,
    > and different network cables. Nothing seems to work. I can only use the net
    > during the day, or in the wee hours of the morning. Any suggestions? Thanks
    > in advance.

    sidd doesnt know about one thing.....it is the application, not the other.
    www.mozilla.com < this is the fastest browser out there, I know not from
    other people, I know from polls from people, but dont judge by that. I make
    sure they say it is good....no money. Tell them how it is good. Dont just
    tell them.....like sidd. Download firefox from mozilla, and mmmmmmmm
    fast!!!!

    --
    RYRY

    "sidd" <sidd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hey,
    > Monitor the internet connection to see whether any other programs are
    > trying
    > to access the net....you can do this by a firewall or using task manager
    > see what programs are running. If you find a suspicious one, just end the
    > task. If your firewall doesn't have an option to do this, get the trial
    > version of zone alarm pro... Also try scanning the computer using PC
    > doctor,
    > it finds a lot of things other programs miss...
    > Hope this helps....
    >
    > "DigitalNoodle" wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> My IE6 is really acting up. It will slow down to a crawl and pretty much
    >> become useless in the evenings. I've done download tests with my ISP (I'm
    >> on
    >> DSL), and all seems fine on their end. My comp has no viruses, spyware,
    >> or
    >> bad stuff running in the background. I've tried a different ethernet
    >> port,
    >> and different network cables. Nothing seems to work. I can only use the
    >> net
    >> during the day, or in the wee hours of the morning. Any suggestions?
    >> Thanks
    >> in advance.

Internet Service Providers Browsers Windows XP