Group Policy to block upgrading of users rights

March 8, 2005 11:45:04 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello,
in a Win 2003 domain we have some administrator users that have local right
on the PCs.
We have this situation to permit them to work on the Pcs for
maintenance/update purposes.

We have noticed that someone, to permit to softwares that have problems to
work with Xp, upgrade the local domain user right to local administrator.

Is there a domain group policy to block this change and to permit it only to
the domain administrators?

Thank you in advance.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:27:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!