Group Policy to block upgrading of users rights

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hello,
in a Win 2003 domain we have some administrator users that have local right
on the PCs.
We have this situation to permit them to work on the Pcs for
maintenance/update purposes.

We have noticed that someone, to permit to softwares that have problems to
work with Xp, upgrade the local domain user right to local administrator.

Is there a domain group policy to block this change and to permit it only to
the domain administrators?

Thank you in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about group policy block upgrading users rights
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Iris" wrote:

    | Hello,
    | in a Win 2003 domain we have some administrator users that have local right
    | on the PCs.
    | We have this situation to permit them to work on the Pcs for
    | maintenance/update purposes.
    |
    | We have noticed that someone, to permit to softwares that have problems to
    | work with Xp, upgrade the local domain user right to local administrator.
    |
    | Is there a domain group policy to block this change and to permit it only to
    | the domain administrators?
    |
    | Thank you in advance.

Policy Domain Microsoft Windows XP