Problem with Missing Sync & Mac OS X Tiger

July 11, 2005 7:46:55 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I downloaded Missing Sync from the Mark Space web site a few days ago
and I am having nothing but trouble getting it to work with my Zire 72.
I heard a lot of good things about Missing Sync so I went a head and
purchased it, but so far, I am regretting that decision.

I sent email via the Mark Space web form earlier today, but thus far, I
have not received a response and I would like to put this problem to
rest by the end of today.

I am using Missing Sync on the dual processor 1.8Ghtz G5 in my office.
Every piece of software involving the OS and Palm device is current. I
am running Mac OS X 10.4.1 on this Mac. I am syncing via a bluetooth
dongle on my G5. This is in my office. I have a similar Mac setup at
home, but I have not switched over from Palm's conduit manager to
Missing Sync. At home, I have no problem syncing with Palm's conduit
manager; I just did so this morning before I went to work.

Each time I try to initiate a sync on my PDA, it goes through the
motions and updates the bars on the Missing Sync status window, but then
after a few minutes, the software crashes and a window pops up that says
"Sync Error: The conduit manager has unexpectedly quit. Please try to
sync again." and when I try again, exactly the same thing happens. I
also get a window on the screen to email a report out about it. I have
emailed the report several times since Thursday when I first downloaded
the software, but nothing seems to have come of that.

I tried the usual stuff such as re-installing the Palm Desktop this
morning from Palm's web site and Missing Sync. I ran the disk
permissions repair function under OS X's Disk Utility. I rebooted the
Mac several times. None of this has resolved the issue.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this, let me know.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:27:38 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <stan-EB8F56.15465511072005@news.giganews.com>,
Stan Horwitz <stan@temple.edu> wrote:

> I tried the usual stuff such as re-installing the Palm Desktop this
> morning from Palm's web site and Missing Sync. I ran the disk
> permissions repair function under OS X's Disk Utility. I rebooted the
> Mac several times. None of this has resolved the issue.

You can't have Missing Sync and Palm Desktop's Hotsync at the same time
(esp if you also have iSync installed).
There's a couple of help files on the Missing Sync website
support@markspace.com
and some very helpful and speedy human techie support there as well.

Kind regards,
Devi
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 2:45:01 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Stan Horwitz <stan@temple.edu> wrote:

(...)
> I am using Missing Sync on the dual processor 1.8Ghtz G5 in my office.
> Every piece of software involving the OS and Palm device is current. I
> am running Mac OS X 10.4.1 on this Mac. I am syncing via a bluetooth
> dongle on my G5. This is in my office. I have a similar Mac setup at
> home, but I have not switched over from Palm's conduit manager to
> Missing Sync. At home, I have no problem syncing with Palm's conduit
> manager; I just did so this morning before I went to work.

I thought Missing sync and hotsync were not compatible (at least on the
same mac), maybe that's the reason for the problem?

OTOT on my side I tried it (but removing hotsync), it worked, and it was
NOT incompatible with my office PC hotsyncs...

Hervé

--
Frédérique & Hervé Sainct, h.sainct@laposte.net [fr,es,en,it]
Frédérique's initial is missing in front of the above address