CD is not accessible, incorrect function

I get the following message when I attempt to use my cd for anything: E:\
is not accessible, incorrect function. Does anyone know how to correct
this? Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about accessible incorrect function

    Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the cd device, Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find the device
    drivers again automatically.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Bruce L. Rothschild" <brot@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:O2%23S7B%23IFHA.2476@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    >I get the following message when I attempt to use my cd for anything: E:\ is not accessible, incorrect function. Does anyone know
    >how to correct this? Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks

Support CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP