Triggred (upkeep) Cards

Question:

If I have cards which have triggred abilities during each players
upkeep (eg: Howling Mine, Braids Cabal Minion...)
Since I Control the cards do I choose in what order resolve during
my opponents Upkeep?

Thanks alot
Shane
2 answers Last reply
More about triggred upkeep cards
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?)

    "Rudolphs" <rudolphcp@telkomsa.net> writes:
    > If I have cards which have triggred abilities during each players
    > upkeep (eg: Howling Mine, Braids Cabal Minion...) Since I Control
    > the cards do I choose in what order resolve during my opponents
    > Upkeep?

    When more than one triggered ability triggers at the same time (such
    as multiple "At the beginning of your upkeep..." abilities), first the
    active player (the person whose turn it is) puts all abilities he
    controls on the stack in the order of his choice. Then, the non-active
    player puts all abilities he controls on the stack in the order of his
    choice.

    The abilities then resolve like anything else from the stack: one at a
    time, from the top down, with both players having a chance to play
    spells and abilities before each one resolves.

    And be careful when reading the card. Howling Mine, for instance,
    triggers during the draw step (after the upkeep step).

    --
    Peter C.
    "I know I can count, I've done it before. No, wait a minute...."

    On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:36:24 +0200, Rudolphs <rudolphcp@telkomsa.net> wrote:
    > If I have cards which have triggred abilities during each players
    > upkeep (eg: Howling Mine, Braids Cabal Minion...)
    > Since I Control the cards do I choose in what order resolve during
    > my opponents Upkeep?

    You don't choose order of resolution. (Once stuff's on the stack its order
    can't be changed.)

    What gets chosen is the order you _put them on_ the stack. If more than one
    triggered ability is going on the stack at the same time, all of active
    player's go on first, in an order that player chooses, then all of opponent's
    go on on top of them, in an order -that- player chooses. This is APNAP order
    (Active Player Non Active Player).

    They resolve, of course, in reverse order (and new spells or activated
    abilities can be added in between resolutions, as usual). So what you choose
    is the order they go on the stack in... which later -determines- what order
    they resolve in.

    Dave

Games Video Games