1 unread e-mail message at log-in and I have no mail

Musicman

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

I have emptied my mailboxes and the 1 unread e-mail message continues to
display by my log-in icon. How do I get rid of it

Download and install TweakUI:

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP (TweakUI)

After installing, go to Start > Programs > PowerToys for Windows XP >
TweakUI. Expand "Logon" and uncheck "Show unread mail on Welcome screen".

Note: Unread message alerts may indicate you have unread messages not only
in Outlook Express, but Hotmail and/or MSN email accounts as well.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"musicman" wrote:

| I have emptied my mailboxes and the 1 unread e-mail message continues to
| display by my log-in icon. How do I get rid of it

Hi

Download TweakUI from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp and when
installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
Logon>Unread Mail - disable it in the right hand pane.

Otherwise the Unread Mail can be disabled via the Registry - navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\[Youremailaddress],
double click on 'MessageCount' - in the right hand pane - and change the
value to 0(Zero).

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User