CD error "cyclic redundancy"

March 8, 2005 10:39:08 AM

Dear friends. I need urgent help. I have lots of CDs on which I've stored
very important files. Although I checked them after recording, and I keep
them in safe place, I cannot open them anymore. I keep getting the message
"error: cyclic redundancy check". What does this mean and is there any way to
recover my CDs? I tried to use a "data recovery software" but it doesn't seem
to work. Any suggestions???????? Thanx in advance.
Sam05
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:54:33 PM

Cyclic redundancy check data error - what it means for your data, CD and DVD
http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cyclic-redundancy.htm...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Sam05" wrote:

| Dear friends. I need urgent help. I have lots of CDs on which I've stored
| very important files. Although I checked them after recording, and I keep
| them in safe place, I cannot open them anymore. I keep getting the message
| "error: cyclic redundancy check". What does this mean and is there any way to
| recover my CDs? I tried to use a "data recovery software" but it doesn't seem
| to work. Any suggestions???????? Thanx in advance.
| Sam05
March 8, 2005 1:53:07 PM

Sounds like a dirty disk or the player (laser?) is in need of cleaning or a
new driver.
Try reading here:
http://www.helpcommunity.ehelp.com/robohelp/kb/MISC/271...

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.
"Sam05" <Sam05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear friends. I need urgent help. I have lots of CDs on which I've stored
> very important files. Although I checked them after recording, and I keep
> them in safe place, I cannot open them anymore. I keep getting the message
> "error: cyclic redundancy check". What does this mean and is there any way
> recover my CDs? I tried to use a "data recovery software" but it doesn't
> seem
> to work. Any suggestions???????? Thanx in advance.
> Sam05
March 8, 2005 1:55:47 PM

P.S. do you have another drive, say a DVDROM ?? Does it work in there?

--
!