D/L'd SP2 by mistake - not installed - don't want

XP Pro SP2

I seem to have downloaded SP2 by mistake -- the little reminder in the tray
tells me there's an update to install.

I do NOT want to install SP2 -- is there a way to remove it so I don't
accidentally do it?

Thanks.
Ken
1 answer Last reply
More about mistake installed want

    Time is running out! Please note that the mechanism to temporarily disable
    delivery of Windows XP SP2 is only available for a period of 240 days (8
    months) from August 16, 2004. At the end of this period (after April 12,
    2005), Windows XP SP2 will be delivered to all Windows XP and Windows XP
    Service Pack 1 systems.

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) contains major security improvements
    designed to provide better protection against hackers, viruses, and worms.
    Windows XP SP2 also improves the manageability of the security features in
    Windows XP and provides more and better information to help users make
    decisions that may potentially affect their security and privacy. Because of
    these significant improvements, Microsoft views Windows XP SP2 as an
    essential security update and is therefore distributing it as a “critical
    update� via Windows Update (WU) and the Automatic Updates (AU) delivery
    mechanism in Windows. Microsoft strongly urges customers with Windows XP and
    Windows XP Service Pack 1-based systems to update to Windows XP SP2 as soon
    as possible.

    4/12/2005 - Windows XP SP2 will be delivered to all Windows XP and Windows
    XP Service Pack 1 systems.
    ref.link
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/xpsp2dep.mspx

    "Ken Isaacson" wrote:

    > XP Pro SP2
    >
    > I seem to have downloaded SP2 by mistake -- the little reminder in the tray
    > tells me there's an update to install.
    >
    > I do NOT want to install SP2 -- is there a way to remove it so I don't
    > accidentally do it?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Ken

Support Microsoft Windows XP