Setting FTP server

Last response: in Networking
Share
March 17, 2005 9:40:30 AM

I just want to set up a FTP or even Web server through my
MN-700. I have already forward the port 20 or 21 to my
local IP (setting both public and private as that~),
however it does not work after i opened the IIS FTP server.

I found from the web saying that we cannot use MN-700 to
set up server as MN-700 cannot disable the firewall. Is
that true~?

Many thanks

More about : setting ftp server

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:07:33 PM

More likely your ISP blocking ports 20 and 21.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"BENJAMIN" <benjamin_lui@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just want to set up a FTP or even Web server through my
> MN-700. I have already forward the port 20 or 21 to my
> local IP (setting both public and private as that~),
> however it does not work after i opened the IIS FTP server.
>
> I found from the web saying that we cannot use MN-700 to
> set up server as MN-700 cannot disable the firewall. Is
> that true~?
>
> Many thanks

March 18, 2005 12:44:27 PM

if that's really the case, could i use another port for
FTP, asy 30?

since i tried using port 30 for that and access by ip:30
it still cannot work``
HELP

!