Windows XP Crash - Services.exe File

ERNIE

My computer is normally left on. This AM while attempting to check the
weather, I noticed several programs were not loaded? I could not run any
programs. I was able to hit start and restart the system.

When restarting I keep getting an error message involving the "services.exe"
file. Machine won't even boot into safe mode.

What are my options at this point? (Please be nice.)

Repair, re-install, or other???????????

No safe mode says 'boot to CD'

Your skill level might allow a manual extract of services.exe. Other than that, a Upgrade(Repair) setup is next

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)