Status
Not open for further replies.

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
howzit guys...

i recently got a HP dv7, and is awesome!
i just have 1 query... it is rather hot! now i dont know how hot is too hot, but right now it is 70C!!! and im only doing a 500gb copy... not real stress!
it seems to idle great, but under load, it is a scorcher...
any help would b gr8!!! :sweat:

G

Download prime95 http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/ run the benchmark and monitor your temps if your worried about them.

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
That consumes even more power. Don't worry about it. I meant to say it should shut down at 100C, typo. If you watch your core temp you might notice the temp jumping up and down, sometimes dramatically. I'm watching my core temps go from 32C to 42C in one jump on 2 different core and I'm just surfing with nothing running in the background.

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
kk, thanx! 1 other thing... I cant seem to get my fingerprint reader to work properly...
I reinstalled windows, and lost the CD that came with my laptop, so looked for the driver on HPs webiste, downloaded HP SimplePass, but i cant even open it! it is installed, but just freezes when i open it! is there any 3rd party software i cld use? i cant seem to find anyting that works with a google search...

Status
Not open for further replies.