Question about proper newsgroup posting

I was interested in creating a custom set of MTG and was wondering if
this would be the proper NG to post my card ideas for critique. If it
isn't, could somebody please direct me to the correct one.

Thanks.

--
"For one brief embarrassing moment, I chose to give up. But your words
were just the reminder I needed. Perhaps insignificant to you, but

Samir
4 answers Last reply
More about question proper newsgroup posting
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?)

    "kenaustin" <kenaustinw@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >I was interested in creating a custom set of MTG and was wondering if this
    >would be the proper NG to post my card ideas for critique. If it isn't,
    >could somebody please direct me to the correct one.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I do believe that rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc is the one you want..
    last I remember they were the NG that all the fun homemade cards were being
    done in.

    Erich
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?)

    kenaustin <kenaustinw@netscape.net> writes:
    > I was interested in creating a custom set of MTG and was wondering if
    > this would be the proper NG to post my card ideas for critique. If it
    > isn't, could somebody please direct me to the correct one.

    I think it depends on the kind of question. General discussion of such
    cards, brainstorming suggestions, trying to find the right cost, and
    so on would go on .misc, since it doesn't really go anywhere
    else. Discussion of rules like "If I worded the card as X, how would
    it behave under this circumstance", and maybe even "how to I word card
    X to work with the rules" would probably go in .rules.

    If it's some combination thereof, it might be a legitimate use of
    crossposting, and hopefully people will set their Followup-to headers
    properly as the threads diverge. I don't know how well that would go
    over, though, or if people would be able to keep the right discussion
    in the right group. (I'm not suggesting that people are stupid, merely
    that it can be easy to make mistakes and not realize where your
    newsreader was having you post by default.)

    --
    Peter C.
    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:57:44 GMT, kenaustin <kenaustinw@netscape.net> wrote:
    >I was interested in creating a custom set of MTG and was wondering if
    >this would be the proper NG to post my card ideas for critique. If it
    >isn't, could somebody please direct me to the correct one.

    This one, probably not, unless you had rules issues come up with your
    hypothetical cards (which has about a 97% chance of happening); however, .misc
    ought to work fine.

    Dave
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?)

    David DeLaney wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:57:44 GMT, kenaustin <kenaustinw@netscape.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I was interested in creating a custom set of MTG and was wondering if
    >>this would be the proper NG to post my card ideas for critique. If it
    >>isn't, could somebody please direct me to the correct one.
    >

    > This one, probably not, unless you had rules issues come up with your
    > hypothetical cards (which has about a 97% chance of happening); however, .misc
    > ought to work fine.
    >
    > Dave

    Thanks to all of you who answered. I'll try .misc, and yeah, I forsee
    some rules questions cropping up. ;)

    --
    "For one brief embarrassing moment, I chose to give up. But your words
    were just the reminder I needed. Perhaps insignificant to you, but
    sometimes I think we're unaware of how the little things for us can be
    so huge for others."

    Samir

Newsgroup Games Video Games