Question about proper newsgroup posting

Last response: in Video Games
December 18, 2004 1:57:44 PM

I was interested in creating a custom set of MTG and was wondering if
this would be the proper NG to post my card ideas for critique. If it
isn't, could somebody please direct me to the correct one.

Thanks.

--
"For one brief embarrassing moment, I chose to give up. But your words
were just the reminder I needed. Perhaps insignificant to you, but

Samir
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 1:57:45 PM

"kenaustin" <kenaustinw@netscape.net> wrote in message
>I was interested in creating a custom set of MTG and was wondering if this
>would be the proper NG to post my card ideas for critique. If it isn't,
>could somebody please direct me to the correct one.
>
> Thanks.

I do believe that rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc is the one you want..
last I remember they were the NG that all the fun homemade cards were being
done in.

Erich
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 1:57:45 PM

kenaustin <kenaustinw@netscape.net> writes:
> I was interested in creating a custom set of MTG and was wondering if
> this would be the proper NG to post my card ideas for critique. If it
> isn't, could somebody please direct me to the correct one.

I think it depends on the kind of question. General discussion of such
cards, brainstorming suggestions, trying to find the right cost, and
so on would go on .misc, since it doesn't really go anywhere
else. Discussion of rules like "If I worded the card as X, how would
it behave under this circumstance", and maybe even "how to I word card
X to work with the rules" would probably go in .rules.

If it's some combination thereof, it might be a legitimate use of
crossposting, and hopefully people will set their Followup-to headers
properly as the threads diverge. I don't know how well that would go
over, though, or if people would be able to keep the right discussion
in the right group. (I'm not suggesting that people are stupid, merely
that it can be easy to make mistakes and not realize where your
newsreader was having you post by default.)

--
Peter C.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:57:44 GMT, kenaustin <kenaustinw@netscape.net> wrote:
>I was interested in creating a custom set of MTG and was wondering if
>this would be the proper NG to post my card ideas for critique. If it
>isn't, could somebody please direct me to the correct one.

This one, probably not, unless you had rules issues come up with your
hypothetical cards (which has about a 97% chance of happening); however, .misc
ought to work fine.

Dave
December 21, 2004 7:21:39 AM

David DeLaney wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:57:44 GMT, kenaustin <kenaustinw@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>I was interested in creating a custom set of MTG and was wondering if
>>this would be the proper NG to post my card ideas for critique. If it
>>isn't, could somebody please direct me to the correct one.
>

> This one, probably not, unless you had rules issues come up with your
> hypothetical cards (which has about a 97% chance of happening); however, .misc
> ought to work fine.
>
> Dave

Thanks to all of you who answered. I'll try .misc, and yeah, I forsee
some rules questions cropping up. ;)

--

!