Isochron Scepter's ability counterable?

Are the copies played by the Isochron Scepter counterable with a
Counterspell, for instance?

Thank-you,
Leon

leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com writes:
> Are the copies played by the Isochron Scepter counterable with a
> Counterspell, for instance?

Yes. A copy of a spell is still a spell, and can be countered by
anything that counters spells.

--
Peter C.
"And in a radical policy change, God today announced that he *will*,

"Whitelighter" <white@light.co.uk> writes:
> Peter Cooper Jr. <pete+mtg@cooperjr.name> wrote:
>> leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com writes:
>>> Are the copies played by the Isochron Scepter counterable with a
>>> Counterspell, for instance?
>>
>> Yes. A copy of a spell is still a spell, and can be countered by
>> anything that counters spells.
>
> Yes, Peter is right, and Isochron scepter can also be countered by
> soemething that counters activated abilities.....

To be technical, the ability on the scepter can be countered by
anything that counters activated abilities, and the spell created by
that ability resolving can be countered by anything that counters
spells. I was answering the question in the body, as opposed to the
question in the subject.

While the distinction may seem trivial, there are cases where it might
matter. If all I have in my hand is a Stifle, I have to decide whether
or not to counter the ability before I know what, for instance, the
spell-to-be-made's targets are.

And on a side note, discussions can be easier to follow if they can be
read from top-to-bottom, so people can tell what you're replying to
without starting from the bottom.

--
Peter C.
"The IPng WG has selected a packet format which includes 1696 bytes of

leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com <leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Are the copies played by the Isochron Scepter counterable with a
>Counterspell, for instance?

Certainly; they are perfectly good spells. They just have no actual card
attached to them. (Of course, if one's a copy of a card that -says- it can't
be countered, the spell you make by playing that copy can't be countered, any
more than the spell made by playing the card could be.)

Dave

Yes, Peter is right, and Isochron scepter can also be countered by
soemething that counters activated abilities.....
ie.
Ayesha Tanaka
Bind
Brown Ouphe
Interdict
Ouphe Vandals
Rust
Squelch

"Peter Cooper Jr." <pete+mtg@cooperjr.name> wrote in message
leonworkman_2000@yahoo.com writes:
> Are the copies played by the Isochron Scepter counterable with a
> Counterspell, for instance?

Yes. A copy of a spell is still a spell, and can be countered by
anything that counters spells.

--
Peter C.
"And in a radical policy change, God today announced that he *will*,
in fact, play dice with the universe."
-- tnt

Leon Workman sez:

<<
>Are the copies played by the Isochron Scepter counterable with a
>Counterspell, for instance?

Absolutely, the copies are Counterspellable, since they're spells. The ability
itself can't be countered save with Interdict, Stifle, or Squelch.

----
Just say "No" to the draft!