dial up connection error when creating new DUC

can anybody tell me how I can fix this...

"entry name must contain at least one character that is not a space and
cannot begin with a period"

Barclay

A period is a decimal point.
http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/asciicode.asp

What are you wanting to enter?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Barclay Kenyon" <bkenyon@innernet.net> wrote in message
> can anybody tell me how I can fix this...
>
> "entry name must contain at least one character that is not a space
> and
> cannot begin with a period"

This message appears when I try to enter anything for a name for the Dial-Up
Connection... it doesn't matter what I put in it could be "a" or
"connection" and it will not except it as a valid name... look issue up on
microsoft and the only thing they say to do is to reinstall Windows but
thats for windows 2000.. had this issue on winxp and win2k.. if you have any
suggestions it would be appreciated...

the entire error message is:
" "something" is not a valid name. entry name must contain at least one