XP Pro Restore

a b D Laptop
March 8, 2005 5:43:08 PM

I had to reload my OS on my laptop due to a problem when I was setting up
SBS 2003.

For some reason the "ConnectComputer" wizard from SBS 2003 setup a user ID
onthe laptop that would not connect to the domian or allow me to log onto
the laptop.

During the "Connect Computer" process, SBS 2003 allowed me to logon to the
server and the server pushed software down to the laptop.

Needless to say the laptop was dead in the water. I ended up having to
reload XP Home & XP Pro Upgrades.

I still see alot of my old files on the harddrive. Is there anyway to
recover these. The XP Pro "restore point" was whacked out when I re-installed
the OS.

Any tricks out there ? MS or aftermarket recovery software ????

Bob

More about : pro restore

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 9, 2005 11:20:16 AM

HOW TO Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q308421

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Bob C" <BobC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C11A311C-99C7-4607-83AE-E2B08351685F@microsoft.com...
>I had to reload my OS on my laptop due to a problem when I was setting up
> SBS 2003.
>
> For some reason the "ConnectComputer" wizard from SBS 2003 setup a user ID
> onthe laptop that would not connect to the domian or allow me to log onto
> the laptop.
>
> During the "Connect Computer" process, SBS 2003 allowed me to logon to the
> server and the server pushed software down to the laptop.
>
> Needless to say the laptop was dead in the water. I ended up having to
> reload XP Home & XP Pro Upgrades.
>
> I still see alot of my old files on the harddrive. Is there anyway to
> recover these. The XP Pro "restore point" was whacked out when I re-installed
> the OS.
>
> Any tricks out there ? MS or aftermarket recovery software ????
>
> Bob
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 9, 2005 11:20:17 AM

Thanks Mark, I knew it was in Microsoft land somewhere. I think I was getting
so frustrated that I wasn't thinking clearly enough to search the KB the
right way.

Bob

!