Service Tag Shows Wrong

When I put my service tag into Dell's support it show up as a desktop
when it should be a Lattitude c400. Anyone know how to resolve?

Thanks
Bob S

contact Dell by email or phone

"RWS" <rschus@aracnet.com> wrote in message
> When I put my service tag into Dell's support it show up as a desktop
> when it should be a Lattitude c400. Anyone know how to resolve?
>
> Thanks
> Bob S

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Did you buy the machine from Dell<, have you had the systemboard replaced,
is the tag number on the base of the machine the same as the one liusted in
the BIOS???
"Dan Sgambelluri" <dsgambelluri@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> contact Dell by email or phone
>

> "RWS" <rschus@aracnet.com> wrote in message
>> When I put my service tag into Dell's support it show up as a desktop
>> when it should be a Lattitude c400. Anyone know how to resolve?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Bob S

ricardo

RWS wrote:
> When I put my service tag into Dell's support it show up as a desktop
> when it should be a Lattitude c400. Anyone know how to resolve?
>
> Thanks
> Bob S
Try using the Express Service Code instead of the Service Tag.