BEACON OF CREATION

Sorry for my bad english!!!

I have a problem with this card...
Do tokens arrive in the same time (as TNN with 2 creatures) or one after
one?

Thanks.

--
Les Joueurs de Chimères sur le net:
http://joueursdechimeres.free.fr

In news:41de9860$0$7901$626a14ce@news.free.fr,
Asso Chimeres <joueursdechimeres@free.fr> rambled:

> Sorry for my bad english!!!
>
> I have a problem with this card...
> Do tokens arrive in the same time (as TNN with 2 creatures) or one
> after one?
>
> Thanks.

They all come into play at exactly the same time. However, anything that
triggers on creatures coming into play will trigger once *for each* creature
coming into play, and will go on the stack separately (in whatever order
that player chooses). But yes, Beacon of Creation, Tooth and Nail, Raise the
Alarm, and pretty much any card that says "put x creatures into play", puts
those creatures into play simultaneously.

--

KB

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

Asso Chimeres <joueursdechimeres@free.fr> wrote:

> Sorry for my bad english!!!
>
> I have a problem with this card...
> Do tokens arrive in the same time (as TNN with 2 creatures) or one after
> one?

It's simultaneous; there is no reason for them to enter at different
times.

However, if anything triggers off the arrival of a creature, each
trigger will go on the stack separately and they will resolve one at a
time.
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@iquest.net

Asso Chimeres <joueursdechimeres@free.fr> wrote:
>I have a problem with this card...
>Do tokens arrive in the same time (as TNN with 2 creatures) or one after one?

Beacon of Creation 3G Sorcery
Put a 1/1 green Insect creature token into play for each Forest you control.
Shuffle ~ into its owner's library.

You get them all at once. "Do <stuff> for each <foo>" means "count how many
get them one after another, you'd have to have it be worded something like
Eureka: "Choose a Forest you control you haven't chosen yet. If you do, put a
1/1 green Insect creature token into play. Repeat until all Forests you control
have been chosen. Shuffle ~ into...".

Dave

In news:slrnctuhgs.7i2.dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com,
David DeLaney <dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com> rambled:

> You get them all at once. "Do <stuff> for each <foo>" means "count
> how many <foo> there are, then do <stuff> N times, where N is the
> number of <foo>". To get them one after another, you'd have to have
> it be worded something like Eureka: "Choose a Forest you control you
> haven't chosen yet. If you do, put a 1/1 green Insect creature token
> into play. Repeat until all Forests you control have been chosen.
> Shuffle ~ into...".
>
> Dave

Speaking of Eureka....how exactly does that card work?

Say I play Eureka, and drop a Duplicant into play. It's imprint triggers,
but doesn't go on the stack yet (because Eureka is still resolving), right?
So, now it's your turn to drop a permanent via Eureka. So you drop a
Viridian Shaman. Its ability triggers, but doesn't go on the stack (again,
because Eureka is still resolving). Am I right so far? So it's back to me,
and I drop a Leonin Abunas. You choose not to put a permanent into play. So
now Eureka finishes resolving, and everything gets put on the stack at the
same time (APNAP), because they all came into play at the same time (during
the resolution of Eureka - even though they did actually come into play
separately). I'm the active player, so my Duplicant's Imprint trigger goes
on the stack, and then your Viridian Shaman's shatter-effect tries to go on
the stack, but you have no legal targets (Abunas is now in play, so you
can't target the Duplicant), so it <does nothing>. Then Duplicant resolves,
and removes your Viridian Shaman from the game.

Is the above situation correct? In other words, do the Eureka permanents
come into play at the same time, as far as CITP triggers and effects are
concerned?

<oracle>
Eureka
2GG
Sorcery
Starting with you, players take turns putting an artifact, creature,
enchantment, or land card from their hands into play until no one wants to
put another card into play.

Duplicant
6
Artifact Creature - Shapeshifter
2/4
Imprint - When Duplicant comes into play, you may remove target nontoken
creature from the game. (The removed card is imprinted on this artifact.)
As long as a creature card is imprinted on Duplicant, Duplicant has the
power, toughness, and creature types of the last creature card imprinted on
it. It's still a Shapeshifter.

Viridian Shaman
2G
Creature - Elf Shaman
2/2
When Viridian Shaman comes into play, destroy target artifact.

</oracle>

--

KB

Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:38:32 -0500, Ken Briscoe <youcant@sendmespam.com> wrote:
>David DeLaney <dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com> rambled:
>> You get them all at once. "Do <stuff> for each <foo>" means "count
>> how many <foo> there are, then do <stuff> N times, where N is the
>> number of <foo>". To get them one after another, you'd have to have
>> it be worded something like Eureka: "Choose a Forest you control you
>> haven't chosen yet. If you do, put a 1/1 green Insect creature token
>> into play. Repeat until all Forests you control have been chosen.
>> Shuffle ~ into...".
>
>Speaking of Eureka....how exactly does that card work?

Eureka 2GG Sorcery
Starting with you, players take turns putting an artifact, creature,
enchantment, or land card from their hands into play until no one wants to put
another card into play.

>Say I play Eureka, and drop a Duplicant into play. It's imprint triggers,
>but doesn't go on the stack yet (because Eureka is still resolving), right?

Right. Things can trigger during a resolution, and continuous effects can
update during a resolution - but state-based effects aren't checked for, and
triggered abilities can't go on the stack, until resolution is done. So your
Duplicant's ability, once it gets to pick its target, can pick any creature
that came into play during the Eureka (and that is still there after state-
based effects are checked for).

>So, now it's your turn to drop a permanent via Eureka. So you drop a
>Viridian Shaman. Its ability triggers, but doesn't go on the stack (again,
>because Eureka is still resolving). Am I right so far?

Yep.

>So it's back to me,
>and I drop a Leonin Abunas. You choose not to put a permanent into play. So
>now Eureka finishes resolving,

Well, you can still put more things into play if you want; Eureka doesn't end
until -everyone- is done putting cards into play. But assuming you have nothing
else either...

>and everything gets put on the stack at the
>same time (APNAP), because they all came into play at the same time (during
>the resolution of Eureka - even though they did actually come into play
>separately). I'm the active player, so my Duplicant's Imprint trigger goes
>on the stack, and then your Viridian Shaman's shatter-effect tries to go on
>the stack, but you have no legal targets (Abunas is now in play, so you
>can't target the Duplicant), so it <does nothing>.

Actually, it gets removed from the stack - it can't pick a legal target.
(Unless he has artifacts out also, in which case he has to target one of his
own.)

>Then Duplicant resolves,
>and removes your Viridian Shaman from the game.

Schloop. And becomes a 2/2 Elf Shaman Shapeshifter.

>Is the above situation correct? In other words, do the Eureka permanents
>come into play at the same time, as far as CITP triggers and effects are
>concerned?

They come into play one after another, but none of the triggered abilities
that trigger can get put on the stack _in between_ them. So all the -triggered
abilities- go on the stack at the same time, though the permanents themselves
didn't come into play simultaneously.

Dave

Ken Briscoe <youcant@sendmespam.com> wrote:

> Speaking of Eureka....how exactly does that card work?
>
> Say I play Eureka, and drop a Duplicant into play. It's imprint triggers,
> but doesn't go on the stack yet (because Eureka is still resolving), right?
> So, now it's your turn to drop a permanent via Eureka. So you drop a
> Viridian Shaman. Its ability triggers, but doesn't go on the stack (again,
> because Eureka is still resolving). Am I right so far? So it's back to me,
> and I drop a Leonin Abunas. You choose not to put a permanent into play. So
> now Eureka finishes resolving,

Not until you *both* choose not to put a permanent into play. It keeps
going until no one wants to put another card into play. (It's like
resolutions and phase/step endings not happening until both pass.)

> and everything gets put on the stack at the
> same time (APNAP), because they all came into play at the same time (during
> the resolution of Eureka - even though they did actually come into play
> separately). I'm the active player, so my Duplicant's Imprint trigger goes
> on the stack, and then your Viridian Shaman's shatter-effect tries to go on
> the stack, but you have no legal targets (Abunas is now in play, so you
> can't target the Duplicant), so it <does nothing>. Then Duplicant resolves,
> and removes your Viridian Shaman from the game.
>
> Is the above situation correct? In other words, do the Eureka permanents
> come into play at the same time, as far as CITP triggers and effects are
> concerned?

For those triggers, the important thing is not whether they come into
play at the same time, but whether they all come into play between the
same pair of priority receptions.

410.3. If multiple abilities have triggered since the last time a player
received priority, the abilities controlled by the active player go on
the stack first, in any order he or she chooses, then those controlled
by the opponent go on the stack in any order that opponent chooses. Then
players once again check for and resolve state-based effects until none
are generated, then abilities that triggered during this process go on
the stack. This process repeats until no new state-based effects are
generated and no abilities trigger. Then the appropriate player gets
priority.

I also think the sequence would determine timestamp order for things
like Humility/Crusade.
--

Daniel W. Johnson <panoptes@iquest.net> wrote:
>I also think the sequence would determine timestamp order for things
>like Humility/Crusade.

Yes, actually. Most stuff that puts multiple things into play puts it
simultaneously, which means active player orders them (but see 418.5e);
Eureka does it sequentially, so there's an ordering already there.

Dave