xp professional install help with turbo pascal 5.5

Susan

I would like to install turbo pascal 5.5 onto here so my son can play around
with programming. It's telling me I need to "insert your
oop/demos/bgi/doc/utilities into drive c to continue"
Can anyone help me with this

It is on the CD that came with the software package "Turbo Pascal", and has
nothing to do with Windows.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to install turbo pascal 5.5 onto here so my son can play
around
> with programming. It's telling me I need to "insert your
> oop/demos/bgi/doc/utilities into drive c to continue"
> Can anyone help me with this

Any of the vers I had for Turbo Pascal were on floppy, it's that old. On top
of that, I think you'll find it has problems with "faster" pcs, something to
do with the code for the "delay" function if memory serves me right.

You'd be better off looking for an early version of Delphi. You can write
straight Pascal under it and compile without using the OOPS stuff if you
want.