Windows explorer quits when trying to open png files

March 8, 2005 10:23:03 PM

I've been having a big problem lately with opening png image files. The png
files are the only ones that cause Explorer to crash (I don't have a problem
with jpeg, gif, bmp etc). I can't even open up the files in Picture It (or
any other application, for that matter) to try and set a file association,
the application is immediately closed.

I uninstalled Picture It and then re-installed it, I just don't know what
else to do. It seems like the system doesn't recognize the png image files
at all. Is there a way to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 9:01:02 PM

I was able to fix my problem with the assistance or
http://www.dougknox.com/index.html. I just used the command prompt to change
the association. Very useful site. Thanks anyway.