Admin Acct. not visible

Tags:
  • Windows XP
March 8, 2005 10:53:04 PM

i currently have 3 accts setup. administrator, master and guest. last night
when i tried to switch users a box appeared saying other members are logged
in. do you want to stop users, yes/no. i said yes. this is when only the
master and guest icons appeared in my startup screen. administrator is setup
and is/was active up to last night. how can i get the administrator screen
option to reappear so i can log in and what could have caused it to disappear
in the first place? obviously i have accounts setup to accomplish different
tasks but the administrator account is where i have everything installed and
have complete rights to. thank you for your help.

eric.

More about : admin acct visible

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 12:59:04 AM

eric6556 wrote:
> i currently have 3 accts setup. administrator, master and guest. last
> night when i tried to switch users a box appeared saying other
> members are logged in. do you want to stop users, yes/no. i said yes.
> this is when only the master and guest icons appeared in my startup
> screen. administrator is setup and is/was active up to last night.
> how can i get the administrator screen option to reappear so i can
> log in and what could have caused it to disappear in the first place?
> obviously i have accounts setup to accomplish different tasks but the
> administrator account is where i have everything installed and have
> complete rights to. thank you for your help.

Use TweakUI and make them visible on the Welcome screen.

--
<- Shenan ->
March 9, 2005 12:59:05 AM

thanks, could you tell me where i would find that?

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> eric6556 wrote:
> > i currently have 3 accts setup. administrator, master and guest. last
> > night when i tried to switch users a box appeared saying other
> > members are logged in. do you want to stop users, yes/no. i said yes.
> > this is when only the master and guest icons appeared in my startup
> > screen. administrator is setup and is/was active up to last night.
> > how can i get the administrator screen option to reappear so i can
> > log in and what could have caused it to disappear in the first place?
> > obviously i have accounts setup to accomplish different tasks but the
> > administrator account is where i have everything installed and have
> > complete rights to. thank you for your help.
>
> Use TweakUI and make them visible on the Welcome screen.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

March 9, 2005 1:28:51 AM

eric6556 wrote:
> thanks, could you tell me where i would find that?

Google would have found it.. but:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

--
<- Shenan ->
March 9, 2005 1:31:27 AM

You can get it here..

"eric6556" <eric6556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> thanks, could you tell me where i would find that?
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> eric6556 wrote:
>> > i currently have 3 accts setup. administrator, master and guest. last
>> > night when i tried to switch users a box appeared saying other
>> > members are logged in. do you want to stop users, yes/no. i said yes.
>> > this is when only the master and guest icons appeared in my startup
>> > screen. administrator is setup and is/was active up to last night.
>> > how can i get the administrator screen option to reappear so i can
>> > log in and what could have caused it to disappear in the first place?
>> > obviously i have accounts setup to accomplish different tasks but the
>> > administrator account is where i have everything installed and have
>> > complete rights to. thank you for your help.
>>
>> Use TweakUI and make them visible on the Welcome screen.
>>
>> --
>> <- Shenan ->
>> --
>> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
>> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
>> responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
>> getting into before you jump in with both feet.

Anonymous
March 9, 2005 1:31:28 AM

thanks ricky for NOT giving me a smart ass answer like shenan did. i thought
this forum was for those of us who are not as knowledgable as others to get
help as needed. thanks again ricky.

"Ricky" wrote:

> You can get it here..
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...
>
> "eric6556" <eric6556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks, could you tell me where i would find that?

> >> Use TweakUI and make them visible on the Welcome screen.
> >>
> >> --
> >> <- Shenan ->
> >> --
> >> The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
> >> yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
> >> responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
> >> getting into before you jump in with both feet.

Anonymous
March 10, 2005 8:19:14 PM

"=?Utf-8?B?ZXJpYzY1NTY=?=" <eric6556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> i currently have 3 accts setup. administrator, master and guest. last
> night when i tried to switch users a box appeared saying other members
> are logged in. do you want to stop users, yes/no. i said yes. this is
> when only the master and guest icons appeared in my startup screen.
> administrator is setup and is/was active up to last night. how can i
> get the administrator screen option to reappear so i can log in and
> what could have caused it to disappear in the first place? obviously
> i have accounts setup to accomplish different tasks but the
> administrator account is where i have everything installed and have
> complete rights to. thank you for your help.
>
> eric.

If you have user switching active, the "administrator" account usually does
not show up on the welcome screen.

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del TWICE and the secure login screen should come up, where
you can type in the username "administrator".

There are various ways to get administrator to show up on the welcome
screen, but perhaps you should wonder why it is not there by default before
you put it there.
!