Windows XP Pro SP2

I have showing in the device manager under "Network Adapters" a "Microsoft
Tun Miniport Adapter #2." I've learned that this is a component of an
(optional) advanced networking IPv6 package. I had the package installed at
one time, but uninstalled it a few weeks ago. The adapter is flagged with
an exclamation point in a yellow circle: "Code 10 - Device cannot start."
Doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but I wonder if it needs to be there
and I also wonder if it may be the reason I have trouble with the latest
version of ZoneAlarm firewall. I can disable it, but I'm not permitted to
uninstall it because "it may be required to boot the computer."

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to uninstall this adapter and what the
consequences might be?

a friend of mine told me, that usually means that you previously
installed a wireless network card, or network card like in your laptop
and now you are using a new one. The driver still stays in your system.
Windows xp will not let you uninstall it but you can disable it without
it hurting anything. the question mark just means that the computer
cannot find the device in your system.

--
ladykath
ladykath's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=868