Cannot delete English-US Keyboard

March 9, 2005 6:10:42 AM

Hi,

I am running XP Home SP2 fully updated, the regional settings are set
to English UK but I still have a English US keyboard entry under
languages. I can delete it but each time I logon or reboot the entry
comes back. Can anyone suggest how to kill this entry for good.

Thanks,
Andy.
March 9, 2005 2:47:33 PM

You have to ADD the British keyboard before you delete the American and then
reboot.

Jb
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 5:09:52 PM

"Jb" <james.brewin@idontthinkso.btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D 0mnol$aeo$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> You have to ADD the British keyboard before you delete the American and
> then reboot.

Thanks, but the English UK keyboard is already there and active, what else
can I do?
March 10, 2005 7:31:05 PM

Do you have to delete it , isn't it part of windows . Unless you want to
specifically to remove it from Windows I would just choose whichever
language I wanted to use and just choose it in Control Panel > " Date , Time
, Language and Regional Options " .

"AS" wrote:

> "Jb" <james.brewin@idontthinkso.btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:D 0mnol$aeo$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> > You have to ADD the British keyboard before you delete the American and
> > then reboot.
>
> Thanks, but the English UK keyboard is already there and active, what else
> can I do?

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 6:01:00 PM

I have an Outlook 2003 problem whereby on some emails a "£" displays as a
"#". On another machine the same emails display fine. All languages are set
to English UK. I am wondering whether it is this US English language entry
that is causing the problem, hence I am trying to delete it.

Andy.

"Umwhat" <Umwhat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do you have to delete it , isn't it part of windows . Unless you want to
> specifically to remove it from Windows I would just choose whichever
> language I wanted to use and just choose it in Control Panel > " Date ,
> Time
> , Language and Regional Options " .
>
> "AS" wrote:
>

>> "Jb" <james.brewin@idontthinkso.btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> news:D 0mnol$aeo$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
>> > You have to ADD the British keyboard before you delete the American and
>> > then reboot.
>>
>> Thanks, but the English UK keyboard is already there and active, what
>> else
>> can I do?

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 3:45:28 AM

"AS" wrote:
>I have an Outlook 2003 problem whereby on
> some emails a "£" displays as a "#". On another
> machine the same emails display fine. All
> languages are set to English UK. I am wondering
> whether it is this US English language entry that
> is causing the problem, hence I am trying to
> delete it.

If Windows is like many operating systems (Mac and so on), the American
English language character set is built directly into the operating system
and therefore cannot be removed. If, after selecting another language, you
still see certain characters displayed improperly, you either have a problem
with system/program settings or the particular font used.

Stewart
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 8:35:06 PM

Did you reset the Standard and Format , and the Location settings where
I indicated in my previos post . I assume both need to be set for the English
UK setup .
Or is it you miss the # key and hit the $ for pounds sign , they are next
to each other on the keyboard .

!