Three Wishes question

I play Three Wishes and set aside, among other things, a card with
buyback, say Whispers of the Muse (though it shouldn't actually matter).
While it's still removed from the game face down, I play this card,
paying its buyback cost. It goes to my hand, right? Just making sure.

Three Wishes (Visions rare)
1UU
Instant
Remove the top three cards of your library from the game face down. You
may look at those cards as long as they remain removed from the game.
Until your next upkeep, you may play those cards as though they were
in your hand. At the beginning of your next upkeep, put any of those
cards not played into your graveyard.

Random Card With Buyback
Instant or Sorcery
Buyback [cost] (You may pay [cost] in addition to any other costs as you
play this spell. If you do, put Random Card With Buyback into your hand
instead of your graveyard as part of its resolution.)
=some other stuff=

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 07:47:39 GMT, Jeff Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org> wrote:
>I play Three Wishes and set aside, among other things, a card with
>buyback, say Whispers of the Muse (though it shouldn't actually matter).
>While it's still removed from the game face down, I play this card,
>paying its buyback cost. It goes to my hand, right? Just making sure.

Sure. If you play it, it becomes a normal spell, just played from an Odd
Place; you can make any decisions on announcement that you normally would. If
you like, you can treat Three Wishes as though it read "you may play those
cards from that zone. At the..."

So you can pay additional optional costs like Buyback, have to pay mandatory
additional costs, can use an alternate cost, etc. And Buyback has its normal
effect; Three Wishes doesn't say to do anything weird with the spell once it
is leaving the stack, so nothing Three Wishes does interferes with the buyback.

Dave

TRENDING THREADS