the dream is over?

Real close in on signing Robinho

Robinho has attracted interest from top clubs in Europe
Real Madrid are set to beat Chelsea to the signing of Santos'
20-year-old Brazilian wonderkid Robinho.
"Real Madrid are the best club in the world," Robinho told Spanish
newspaper Diario AS.

"Any footballer dreams about playing there and I am no different. I
would like to play in Spain and I hope that can happen one day."

Robinho's mother was kidnapped two weeks and no deal will be concluded
until the situation is resolved.

"I hope all of this is over as quickly as possible, that my mother
comes back home and that I can go back to playing football as soon as
possible," he said.

Earlier reports had suggested that Chelsea were the favourites for
Robinho's signature, with the player's agent, Wagner Rubiero, telling the
News of the World: "Chelsea are the only team who have confirmed they are
prepared to pay £14m.

"Rubinho is excited at the prospect of the move and we are trying to
make sure everything is okay."

According to Rubiero, the Blues are keen to seal the deal when the
transfer window re-opens in January.

He added: "We are following Chelsea very closely in order to give
Robinho all the information, so he is not scared of going to a country so
different to Brazil.

"But Robinho asked me to check clubs in Europe after what happened
with his mother. Chelsea have made an offer and that is encouraging."

Robinho has been dubbed by Brazilian legend Pele as "my successor".

He has been pivotal at Santos and has already attracted interest from
other top European clubs, including AC Milan, Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

---

The Brazilian Man wrote:
> Real close in on signing Robinho
>
> Robinho has attracted interest from top clubs in Europe
> Real Madrid are set to beat Chelsea to the signing of Santos'
> 20-year-old Brazilian wonderkid Robinho.
> "Real Madrid are the best club in the world," Robinho told Spanish
> newspaper Diario AS.
>
> "Any footballer dreams about playing there and I am no different. I
> would like to play in Spain and I hope that can happen one day."
>
> Robinho's mother was kidnapped two weeks and no deal will be concluded
> until the situation is resolved.
>
> "I hope all of this is over as quickly as possible, that my mother
> comes back home and that I can go back to playing football as soon as
> possible," he said.
>
> Earlier reports had suggested that Chelsea were the favourites for
> Robinho's signature, with the player's agent, Wagner Rubiero, telling the
> News of the World: "Chelsea are the only team who have confirmed they are
> prepared to pay £14m.
>
> "Rubinho is excited at the prospect of the move and we are trying to
> make sure everything is okay."
>

> According to Rubiero, the Blues are keen to seal the deal when the
> transfer window re-opens in January.
>
> He added: "We are following Chelsea very closely in order to give
> Robinho all the information, so he is not scared of going to a country so
> different to Brazil.
>
> "But Robinho asked me to check clubs in Europe after what happened
> with his mother. Chelsea have made an offer and that is encouraging."
>
> Robinho has been dubbed by Brazilian legend Pele as "my successor".
>
> He has been pivotal at Santos and has already attracted interest from
> other top European clubs, including AC Milan, Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

Not to worry Edu - I think JM is building a very strong unit, and I
think has Duff and Robben in mind to play behind a loan striker.

Drogba's back for tonight's game - on the bench, plus we'll hopefully
get to see Robert Huth put some crunching tackles in - unless he goes
with Carvalho and Gallas in the middle.

--

I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour
said 'Are you going to help?' I said 'No, Six should be enough.'

> Not to worry Edu - I think JM is building a very strong unit, and I think
> has Duff and Robben in mind to play behind a loan striker.
>
> Drogba's back for tonight's game - on the bench, plus we'll hopefully get
> to see Robert Huth put some crunching tackles in - unless he goes with
> Carvalho and Gallas in the middle.

I'm not worried with the blues, but Robinho would make Chelsea more popular
in Brazil, meaning more TV coverture, besides I love Robinho's performances
and it would be great to see:
Cech
Paulo Terry Ricardo Bridge
Duff Makelele Lampard Robben