How Do I change users from the command line

Hello all,

I user a server at work and so we require a lot more security on a
windows 200 server. I want to be able to switch between users and the
administrator from the command prompt or at least lace my xp box in and
ou of instal mode from a command line without having to either log out
or switch users from te startmenu. Is this possible? It's the exact
same command as the "SU" command for Linux.

thank you in advance
johnt

thaks for the speedy reply. I found the sae article but I would like
to be able to do it from commnd line without the gui. or perhaps I
could achieve the same thing by doing run as and typing in my admin
password.

thank you
johnt.

A Discussion About the Availability of the Fast User Switching Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294739

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"tmt" wrote:

| Hello all,
|
| I user a server at work and so we require a lot more security on a
| windows 200 server. I want to be able to switch between users and the
| administrator from the command prompt or at least lace my xp box in and
| ou of instal mode from a command line without having to either log out
| or switch users from te startmenu. Is this possible? It's the exact
| same command as the "SU" command for Linux.
|
| thank you in advance
| johnt

How can I start Remote Assistance and Offer Remote Assistance from the command-line?
http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBQ/tip8000/rh8047.htm

To start Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:

%SystemRoot%\System32\rcimlby.exe -LaunchRA

To launch Offer Remote Assistance from a command line, or shortcut:

"%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore"
hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!