I can't open device manager on XP pro Help!!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

It said Snap-in Creation Failed
The snap-in is not created it may be install properly
Name Device Manager
CLSID {74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7A}
How can I fix it? Please help me. I use SP2
6 answers Last reply
More about open device manager help
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    How to Configure Device Manager to Display Detailed Information
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q304514&ID=KB;EN-US;Q304514

    "paxluvja" wrote:

    > It said Snap-in Creation Failed
    > The snap-in is not created it may be install properly
    > Name Device Manager
    > CLSID {74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7A}
    > How can I fix it? Please help me. I use SP2
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    It still show the same message.Any other ways?

    "Byte" wrote:

    > How to Configure Device Manager to Display Detailed Information
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q304514&ID=KB;EN-US;Q304514
    >
    > "paxluvja" wrote:
    >
    > > It said Snap-in Creation Failed
    > > The snap-in is not created it may be install properly
    > > Name Device Manager
    > > CLSID {74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7A}
    > > How can I fix it? Please help me. I use SP2
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Try:
    http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBO/tip7200/rh7261.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org


    "paxluvja" <paxluvja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:074E908B-CF27-4CA7-B8B9-13D649891AF6@microsoft.com...
    > It said Snap-in Creation Failed
    > The snap-in is not created it may be install properly
    > Name Device Manager
    > CLSID {74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7A}
    > How can I fix it? Please help me. I use SP2
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Thank you for your help.I've the string to this
    "%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM;C:\Program
    Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel" but it still the same.Please help
    me.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Try:
    > http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBO/tip7200/rh7261.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >
    >
    > "paxluvja" <paxluvja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:074E908B-CF27-4CA7-B8B9-13D649891AF6@microsoft.com...
    > > It said Snap-in Creation Failed
    > > The snap-in is not created it may be install properly
    > > Name Device Manager
    > > CLSID {74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7A}
    > > How can I fix it? Please help me. I use SP2
    >
    >
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    See if this command helps, from Start/Run:

    regsvr32 devmgr.dll

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org


    "paxluvja" <paxluvja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:5918F849-4DEA-48AC-A607-0E40553FE8C4@microsoft.com...
    > Thank you for your help.I've the string to this
    > "%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM;C:\Program
    > Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel" but it still the same.Please
    > help
    > me.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Try:
    >> http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBO/tip7200/rh7261.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>
    >>
    >> "paxluvja" <paxluvja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> news:074E908B-CF27-4CA7-B8B9-13D649891AF6@microsoft.com...
    >> > It said Snap-in Creation Failed
    >> > The snap-in is not created it may be install properly
    >> > Name Device Manager
    >> > CLSID {74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7A}
    >> > How can I fix it? Please help me. I use SP2
    >>
    >>
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    try this work for me

    Restore the Device Manager (Line 107) Right hand side
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm


    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > See if this command helps, from Start/Run:
    >
    > regsvr32 devmgr.dll
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >
    >
    > "paxluvja" <paxluvja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > news:5918F849-4DEA-48AC-A607-0E40553FE8C4@microsoft.com...
    > > Thank you for your help.I've the string to this
    > > "%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM;C:\Program
    > > Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel" but it still the same.Please
    > > help
    > > me.
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Try:
    > >> http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBO/tip7200/rh7261.htm
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> "paxluvja" <paxluvja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >> news:074E908B-CF27-4CA7-B8B9-13D649891AF6@microsoft.com...
    > >> > It said Snap-in Creation Failed
    > >> > The snap-in is not created it may be install properly
    > >> > Name Device Manager
    > >> > CLSID {74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7A}
    > >> > How can I fix it? Please help me. I use SP2
    > >>
    > >>
    >
    >
Ask a new question

Read More

Device Manager Support Microsoft Windows XP