CD-RW working properly but not recognized when I go to bur..

My Sony CD-RW has worked in the past, an now is not recognized as recordable
device by Windows Media Play or Burn & Go Pro. It isn't an equipment or
driver problem. I went into registery and check everything out. Under Drives,
Volume {GUID} folder does not exist. If I dbl click Name (Default), Type
REG-Sz ,Edit String window appears with Value name and Value data. I entered
2 in Value data window. Value name box is empty and does'nt allow me to enter
anything.
2 answers Last reply
More about working properly recognized

    CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316529

    "Ronric" wrote:

    > My Sony CD-RW has worked in the past, an now is not recognized as recordable
    > device by Windows Media Play or Burn & Go Pro. It isn't an equipment or
    > driver problem. I went into registery and check everything out. Under Drives,
    > Volume {GUID} folder does not exist. If I dbl click Name (Default), Type
    > REG-Sz ,Edit String window appears with Value name and Value data. I entered
    > 2 in Value data window. Value name box is empty and does'nt allow me to enter
    > anything.

    I also have a Sony DVD RW Try running your software that came with it, Repair
    or uninstall and reinstall. Good Luck!! Mike

    "Byte" wrote:

    > CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316529
    >
    > "Ronric" wrote:
    >
    > > My Sony CD-RW has worked in the past, an now is not recognized as recordable
    > > device by Windows Media Play or Burn & Go Pro. It isn't an equipment or
    > > driver problem. I went into registery and check everything out. Under Drives,
    > > Volume {GUID} folder does not exist. If I dbl click Name (Default), Type
    > > REG-Sz ,Edit String window appears with Value name and Value data. I entered
    > > 2 in Value data window. Value name box is empty and does'nt allow me to enter
    > > anything.

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP