CD-RW working properly but not recognized when I go to bur..

March 9, 2005 11:31:08 AM

My Sony CD-RW has worked in the past, an now is not recognized as recordable
device by Windows Media Play or Burn & Go Pro. It isn't an equipment or
driver problem. I went into registery and check everything out. Under Drives,
Volume {GUID} folder does not exist. If I dbl click Name (Default), Type
REG-Sz ,Edit String window appears with Value name and Value data. I entered
2 in Value data window. Value name box is empty and does'nt allow me to enter
anything.
March 9, 2005 12:41:03 PM

CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316529

"Ronric" wrote:

> My Sony CD-RW has worked in the past, an now is not recognized as recordable
> device by Windows Media Play or Burn & Go Pro. It isn't an equipment or
> driver problem. I went into registery and check everything out. Under Drives,
> Volume {GUID} folder does not exist. If I dbl click Name (Default), Type
> REG-Sz ,Edit String window appears with Value name and Value data. I entered
> 2 in Value data window. Value name box is empty and does'nt allow me to enter
> anything.
March 9, 2005 7:53:01 PM

I also have a Sony DVD RW Try running your software that came with it, Repair
or uninstall and reinstall. Good Luck!! Mike

!