Keyboard typing different letters than on screen

I have the strangest problem. The letters I type on my keyboard (computer at
home) are not the ones that appear on the screen. I got a different keyboard
but am having the same problem. I type an "a" and I might get ]ow, I type a
"w" and I might get ro/. I always get more than one letter on the screen
when I press a key, even the backspace and delete key. One of our IS guys
said I might have pressed a function key on the keyboard, but I checked and
there is no function key. I'm sure it's something very simple. Can you help
me?
1 answer Last reply
More about keyboard typing letters screen

    Test your PC with your on-screen keyboard first to see if it is your keyboard
    or
    your computer.
    Start/All Programs/Accessories/Accessibility/On-screen keyboard
    Use your mouse to test the keys while in Wordpad or Notepad. Click within
    Wordpad or Notepad to get the blinking cursor first before typing.

    "thefrenchtart" wrote:

    > I have the strangest problem. The letters I type on my keyboard (computer at
    > home) are not the ones that appear on the screen. I got a different keyboard
    > but am having the same problem. I type an "a" and I might get ]ow, I type a
    > "w" and I might get ro/. I always get more than one letter on the screen
    > when I press a key, even the backspace and delete key. One of our IS guys
    > said I might have pressed a function key on the keyboard, but I checked and
    > there is no function key. I'm sure it's something very simple. Can you help
    > me?

Support Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP