Bye in Swiss pairing system

Hi!
The DCI "Swiss-Style Pairing System" says, that bye counts as two game
wins and one match win. Does it mean, that not only the "Byed" player
gets 3 points, but also a 2-0 game result and additional 2 games played
towards counting game-win percentage?
1 answer Last reply
More about swiss pairing system
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?)

    Piotr Lopaciuk <piolop@o2.pl> writes:
    > The DCI "Swiss-Style Pairing System" says, that bye counts as two game
    > wins and one match win.

    Yes. The leftover player plays against nobody, and wins very quickly
    and easily :).

    > Does it mean, that not only the "Byed" player gets 3 points, but
    > also a 2-0 game result and additional 2 games played towards
    > counting game-win percentage?

    If you mean the player's own game-win percentage, that looks right to
    me. The Tiebreakers document available on the Tournament Organizers
    part of the DCI's web site says:

    ,----[ DCI Tiebreakers <http://www.wizards.com/dci/downloads/Tiebreakers.pdf> ]
    | Byes: When a player is assigned a bye for a round, he or she is
    | considered to have won the match 2-0. Thus, that player earns 3
    | match points and 6 game points. A player's byes are ignored when
    | computing his or her opponents' match-win percentage and opponents'
    | game-win percentage.
    `----

    Since it lists opponents' match-win and game win, but not player's own
    game-win, I read that as meaning that byes do in fact affect the
    player's game-win percentage.

    --
    Peter C.
    "I have discovered a strange level of sleep deprivation in which I do

Style Games Video Games