I cannot start up windows

The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block. -Error message
I cannot access my hard drive directly. I have to access it as a slave
drive to a new hard drive I bought. But now, I cannot access my programs and
usere accounts and settings from my old hard drive. What can i do?
1 answer Last reply
More about start windows

    You will need to install your programs onto your new system.
    The user files should be in \documents and settings\username\my documents on
    the old drive but you may need to "take ownership" to get into the folder.
    Use the Help & Support and search for take ownership.

    best of luck
    Neil

    "mrjoshua" <mrjoshua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block. -Error message
    > I cannot access my hard drive directly. I have to access it as a slave
    > drive to a new hard drive I bought. But now, I cannot access my programs
    > and
    > usere accounts and settings from my old hard drive. What can i do?

Hard Drives Devices Windows XP