has anyone ever...

Last response: in Video Games
November 23, 2004 7:13:06 PM

got so bored they thought it would be a good idea to set the language to
itallian when you're managing an itallian club?

no?

oh just me then.

it was too hard so i had to turn it off :-p

More about : question

Anonymous
November 23, 2004 7:13:07 PM

"Strange Thing" <iwannabeabetterman@REMOVEhotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem
> got so bored they thought it would be a good idea to set the language to
> itallian when you're managing an itallian club?
>
> no?
>
> oh just me then.
>
> it was too hard so i had to turn it off :-p

i've set once spanish & another time portuguese, but can only play in
english :-)

---
November 24, 2004 12:45:29 AM

"The Brazilian Man" <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> schreef in bericht

> "Strange Thing" <iwannabeabetterman@REMOVEhotmail.com> escreveu na
> mensagem news:cnvnic$tkm$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> got so bored they thought it would be a good idea to set the language to
>> itallian when you're managing an itallian club?
>>
>> no?
>>
>> oh just me then.
>>
>> it was too hard so i had to turn it off :-p
>>

> i've set once spanish & another time portuguese, but can only play in
> english :-)
>

> ---

True...

When I play it in Dutch (no offence to mr. Terreur) I thinks it's
incomprehensable... Being my native language..
November 24, 2004 12:44:59 PM

"Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> escreveu na mensagem

> "The Brazilian Man" <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> schreef in bericht
>>
>> "Strange Thing" <iwannabeabetterman@REMOVEhotmail.com> escreveu na
>> mensagem news:cnvnic$tkm$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>> got so bored they thought it would be a good idea to set the language to
>>> itallian when you're managing an itallian club?
>>>
>>> no?
>>>
>>> oh just me then.
>>>
>>> it was too hard so i had to turn it off :-p
>>>

>> i've set once spanish & another time portuguese, but can only play in
>> english :-)
>>

>> ---
>>

> True...
>
> When I play it in Dutch (no offence to mr. Terreur) I thinks it's
> incomprehensable... Being my native language..

Portuguese/Portuguese is totally anothar language than Brazilian/Portuguese,
regarding footie it's even worse as they call everything with different
names:
England/Brazil/Portugal
Goalkeeper/Goleiro/Guarda Metas
Ball/Bola/Esfera
Corner/Escanteio/Tiro de Canto
Team/Time/Equipa

so it's just impossible to play in Portuguese!

---
November 24, 2004 12:45:00 PM

Edu, I don't know were you've heard those expressions, but that's very strange.

In current Portuguese:

goalkeeper = guarda-redes (always!)
Corner kick= pontapé de canto
Ball= Bola in 99% of the situations, very seldom we use esférico, redondinha, etc

You're quite right about team- we do call it equipa

Another interesting difference:

Zagueiro= defesa central

And so on and so forth.

BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.

Um abraço.

> Portuguese/Portuguese is totally anothar language than Brazilian/Portuguese,
> regarding footie it's even worse as they call everything with different
> names:
> England/Brazil/Portugal
> Goalkeeper/Goleiro/Guarda Metas
> Ball/Bola/Esfera
> Corner/Escanteio/Tiro de Canto
> Team/Time/Equipa
>
> so it's just impossible to play in Portuguese!
>

> ---
November 24, 2004 4:07:29 PM

"Henrique Rebelo" <henrique.rebelo@mail.diariodigital.pt> escreveu na
mensagem news:f902eedb.0411240703.6e62cd49@posting.google.com...
> Edu, I don't know were you've heard those expressions, but that's very
> strange.
>
> In current Portuguese:
>
> goalkeeper = guarda-redes (always!)
> Corner kick= pontapé de canto
> Ball= Bola in 99% of the situations, very seldom we use esférico,
> redondinha, etc
>
> You're quite right about team- we do call it equipa
>
> Another interesting difference:
>
> Zagueiro= defesa central
>
> And so on and so forth.
>
> BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.
>
> Um abraço.

Henrique our language has changed constantly, specially in Brazil because we
use to speak portuguese and now almost have a new own language.
Sometimes I used to watch RTP and can tell you it sound like arabic to me
:-)

The most I like is "bicha", "fag" in Brazil, "line" in Portugal :-D

---
November 24, 2004 8:34:49 PM

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:07:29 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
<eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>"Henrique Rebelo" <henrique.rebelo@mail.diariodigital.pt> escreveu na
>mensagem news:f902eedb.0411240703.6e62cd49@posting.google.com...
>> Edu, I don't know were you've heard those expressions, but that's very
>> strange.
>>
>> In current Portuguese:
>>
>> goalkeeper = guarda-redes (always!)
>> Corner kick= pontap? de canto
>> Ball= Bola in 99% of the situations, very seldom we use esf?rico,
>> redondinha, etc
>>
>> You're quite right about team- we do call it equipa
>>
>> Another interesting difference:
>>
>> Zagueiro= defesa central
>>
>> And so on and so forth.
>>
>> BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.
>>
>> Um abra?o.
>>

>Henrique our language has changed constantly, specially in Brazil because we
>use to speak portuguese and now almost have a new own language.
>Sometimes I used to watch RTP and can tell you it sound like arabic to me
>:-)
>
>The most I like is "bicha", "fag" in Brazil, "line" in Portugal :-D

Fag, uh ? Hmmmmm...

-Nick
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 2:14:24 AM

Henrique Rebelo wrote:

> BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.

By this very small straw poll (per this thread), most would prefer to play in English rather
than the languages in their respective localised versions. I guess the rumours are correct. The
translations are rather dire.
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 2:14:25 AM

"The Wielder of the Scythe" <scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> escreveu na
mensagem news:41A4A550.8D49DED4@netvigator.com...
> Henrique Rebelo wrote:
>
>> BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.
>
> By this very small straw poll (per this thread), most would prefer to play
> in English rather
> than the languages in their respective localised versions. I guess the
> rumours are correct. The
> translations are rather dire.

not only this, but small english vocabulary keeps it simple
Brazilian language despite being complex has several dialets from north to
south
and the game provides a portuguese version, quit impossible to follow
another issue is that barely I've heard English commentators, so the terms
used in the game are reliable, against what we see when in portuguese as
nobody here comments a match like that!

---
November 25, 2004 4:12:01 AM

Nick the Greek wrote:

> >The most I like is "bicha", "fag" in Brazil, "line" in Portugal :-D

> Fag, uh ? Hmmmmm...

Trying to pull on a.g.c-m Nick? :-P

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: TBF - Nostalgièna
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 4:12:02 AM

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:

> > BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.

> By this very small straw poll (per this thread), most would prefer to play in English rather
> than the languages in their respective localised versions. I guess the rumours are correct. The
> translations are rather dire.

Luckily, the game will probably be translated to Klingon before
Croatian so I don't have to worry...

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: TBF - Nostalgièna
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 12:09:38 PM

Em Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:12:02 +0100, Miljenko <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr>
escreveu:

> The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
>
>> > BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.
>
>> By this very small straw poll (per this thread), most would prefer to
>> play in English rather
>> than the languages in their respective localised versions. I guess the
>> rumours are correct. The
>> translations are rather dire.
>
> Luckily, the game will probably be translated to Klingon before
> Croatian so I don't have to worry...

:-D

--
The Brazilian Man