has anyone ever...

got so bored they thought it would be a good idea to set the language to
itallian when you're managing an itallian club?

no?

oh just me then.

it was too hard so i had to turn it off :-p
11 answers Last reply
More about ever

    "Strange Thing" <iwannabeabetterman@REMOVEhotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem
    > got so bored they thought it would be a good idea to set the language to
    > itallian when you're managing an itallian club?
    >
    > no?
    >
    > oh just me then.
    >
    > it was too hard so i had to turn it off :-p

    i've set once spanish & another time portuguese, but can only play in
    english :-)

    ---

    "The Brazilian Man" <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> schreef in bericht

    > "Strange Thing" <iwannabeabetterman@REMOVEhotmail.com> escreveu na
    > mensagem news:cnvnic$tkm$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
    >> got so bored they thought it would be a good idea to set the language to
    >> itallian when you're managing an itallian club?
    >>
    >> no?
    >>
    >> oh just me then.
    >>
    >> it was too hard so i had to turn it off :-p
    >>

    > i've set once spanish & another time portuguese, but can only play in
    > english :-)
    >

    > ---

    True...

    When I play it in Dutch (no offence to mr. Terreur) I thinks it's
    incomprehensable... Being my native language..

    "Hari Seldon" <Roel.Pieper@hetnet.nl> escreveu na mensagem

    > "The Brazilian Man" <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> "Strange Thing" <iwannabeabetterman@REMOVEhotmail.com> escreveu na
    >> mensagem news:cnvnic$tkm$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
    >>> got so bored they thought it would be a good idea to set the language to
    >>> itallian when you're managing an itallian club?
    >>>
    >>> no?
    >>>
    >>> oh just me then.
    >>>
    >>> it was too hard so i had to turn it off :-p
    >>>

    >> i've set once spanish & another time portuguese, but can only play in
    >> english :-)
    >>

    >> ---
    >>

    > True...
    >
    > When I play it in Dutch (no offence to mr. Terreur) I thinks it's
    > incomprehensable... Being my native language..

    Portuguese/Portuguese is totally anothar language than Brazilian/Portuguese,
    regarding footie it's even worse as they call everything with different
    names:
    England/Brazil/Portugal
    Goalkeeper/Goleiro/Guarda Metas
    Ball/Bola/Esfera
    Corner/Escanteio/Tiro de Canto
    Team/Time/Equipa

    so it's just impossible to play in Portuguese!

    ---

    Edu, I don't know were you've heard those expressions, but that's very strange.

    In current Portuguese:

    goalkeeper = guarda-redes (always!)
    Corner kick= pontapé de canto
    Ball= Bola in 99% of the situations, very seldom we use esférico, redondinha, etc

    You're quite right about team- we do call it equipa

    Another interesting difference:

    Zagueiro= defesa central

    And so on and so forth.

    BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.

    Um abraço.

    "Henrique Rebelo" <henrique.rebelo@mail.diariodigital.pt> escreveu na
    mensagem news:f902eedb.0411240703.6e62cd49@posting.google.com...
    > Edu, I don't know were you've heard those expressions, but that's very
    > strange.
    >
    > In current Portuguese:
    >
    > goalkeeper = guarda-redes (always!)
    > Corner kick= pontapé de canto
    > Ball= Bola in 99% of the situations, very seldom we use esférico,
    > redondinha, etc
    >
    > You're quite right about team- we do call it equipa
    >
    > Another interesting difference:
    >
    > Zagueiro= defesa central
    >
    > And so on and so forth.
    >
    > BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.
    >
    > Um abraço.

    Henrique our language has changed constantly, specially in Brazil because we
    use to speak portuguese and now almost have a new own language.
    Sometimes I used to watch RTP and can tell you it sound like arabic to me
    :-)

    The most I like is "bicha", "fag" in Brazil, "line" in Portugal :-D

    ---

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:07:29 -0200, "The Brazilian Man"
    <eduliguori@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

    >"Henrique Rebelo" <henrique.rebelo@mail.diariodigital.pt> escreveu na
    >mensagem news:f902eedb.0411240703.6e62cd49@posting.google.com...
    >> Edu, I don't know were you've heard those expressions, but that's very
    >> strange.
    >>
    >> In current Portuguese:
    >>
    >> goalkeeper = guarda-redes (always!)
    >> Corner kick= pontap? de canto
    >> Ball= Bola in 99% of the situations, very seldom we use esf?rico,
    >> redondinha, etc
    >>
    >> You're quite right about team- we do call it equipa
    >>
    >> Another interesting difference:
    >>
    >> Zagueiro= defesa central
    >>
    >> And so on and so forth.
    >>
    >> BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.
    >>
    >> Um abra?o.
    >>

    >Henrique our language has changed constantly, specially in Brazil because we
    >use to speak portuguese and now almost have a new own language.
    >Sometimes I used to watch RTP and can tell you it sound like arabic to me
    >:-)
    >
    >The most I like is "bicha", "fag" in Brazil, "line" in Portugal :-D

    Fag, uh ? Hmmmmm...

    -Nick

    Henrique Rebelo wrote:

    > BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.

    By this very small straw poll (per this thread), most would prefer to play in English rather
    than the languages in their respective localised versions. I guess the rumours are correct. The
    translations are rather dire.

    "The Wielder of the Scythe" <scytheNOSPAMWIBBLE@netvigator.com> escreveu na
    mensagem news:41A4A550.8D49DED4@netvigator.com...
    > Henrique Rebelo wrote:
    >
    >> BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.
    >
    > By this very small straw poll (per this thread), most would prefer to play
    > in English rather
    > than the languages in their respective localised versions. I guess the
    > rumours are correct. The
    > translations are rather dire.

    not only this, but small english vocabulary keeps it simple
    Brazilian language despite being complex has several dialets from north to
    south
    and the game provides a portuguese version, quit impossible to follow
    another issue is that barely I've heard English commentators, so the terms
    used in the game are reliable, against what we see when in portuguese as
    nobody here comments a match like that!

    ---

    Nick the Greek wrote:

    > >The most I like is "bicha", "fag" in Brazil, "line" in Portugal :-D

    > Fag, uh ? Hmmmmm...

    Trying to pull on a.g.c-m Nick? :-P

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: TBF - Nostalgièna

    The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:

    > > BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.

    > By this very small straw poll (per this thread), most would prefer to play in English rather
    > than the languages in their respective localised versions. I guess the rumours are correct. The
    > translations are rather dire.

    Luckily, the game will probably be translated to Klingon before
    Croatian so I don't have to worry...

    --

    Em Thu, 25 Nov 2004 01:12:02 +0100, Miljenko <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr>
    escreveu:

    > The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:
    >
    >> > BTW I can't play it any other language than English, too.
    >
    >> By this very small straw poll (per this thread), most would prefer to
    >> play in English rather
    >> than the languages in their respective localised versions. I guess the
    >> rumours are correct. The
    >> translations are rather dire.
    >
    > Luckily, the game will probably be translated to Klingon before
    > Croatian so I don't have to worry...

    :-D

    --
    The Brazilian Man