LD- Turn on via screentap. Opposite of "OFFSTROKE"

July 13, 2005 5:59:26 AM

Hi,

Anyone comes across any app that can turn on a Palm pda by touch the
screen?

It is like the opposite of OFFSTROKE.

http://boston.dinghome.net/palm/

BTW- OFFSTROKE works great on the LD and esp with pTunes.

--
dave
dave's Profile: http://www.micromagiclabs.com/forums/member.php?userid=...

> Anyone comes across any app that can turn on a Palm pda by touch the
> screen?

Doesn't Palm need to be turned ON to recognize the screen taps?
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 11:24:20 AM

"PiOp" <P.i@O.p> wrote:

>> Anyone comes across any app that can turn on a Palm pda by touch the
>> screen?
>
>Doesn't Palm need to be turned ON to recognize the screen taps?

Course the Palm is *always on* and scanning the buttons since if it weren't it
couldn't tell when you pushed a button to turn it 'on'. But this activity takes
such a low current that it has been termed sleeping. To do what the OP wants you
would have to keep the digitizer alive and scanned which would take
substantially more current and considerably reduce battery life. Perhaps that's
why I've never seen such an application...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:25:06 PM

>>> Anyone comes across any app that can turn on a Palm pda by touch the
>>> screen?
>>
>>Doesn't Palm need to be turned ON to recognize the screen taps?
>>

> Course the Palm is *always on* and scanning the buttons since if it
> weren't it
> couldn't tell when you pushed a button to turn it 'on'.

so - is the lightbulb always on, scanning for the switch to be turned?
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:32:45 PM

"so - is the lightbulb always on, scanning for the switch to be turned?"

lol. Are you a troll?
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 8:09:51 PM

"PiOp" <P.i@O.p> wrote in message news:D b2j5e$pr3$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...

> so - is the lightbulb always on, scanning for the switch to be turned?
In fact, that is exactly the case with some household automation systems
such as X-10. The standard X-10 wall switch needs a trickle current running
through it to work. The circuit for this trickle current is completed
through the filament of the bulb, so you could say it is "always on". This
is why standard X-10 wall switches will not work with fluorescent bulbs.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"PiOp" <P.i@O.p> wrote:

>so - is the lightbulb always on, scanning for the switch to be turned?

Not the basic switch type. But in a modern house everything from ceiling fans to
TVs are always on and scanning for a button or remote control command. The power
to run all these "always on" gadgets when they are turned off is substantial and
consumes many megawatts on a national scale, all because we're just too lazy to
get off our butts... ;)
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 10:23:27 PM

> lol. Are you a troll?

absoulutely not
just a sceptic handheld user, trying to be funny
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:15:05 AM

AaronJ wrote:
> "PiOp" <P.i@O.p> wrote:
>

>>so - is the lightbulb always on, scanning for the switch to be turned?
>

> Not the basic switch type. But in a modern house everything from ceiling fans to
> TVs are always on and scanning for a button or remote control command. The power
> to run all these "always on" gadgets when they are turned off is substantial and
> consumes many megawatts on a national scale, all because we're just too lazy to
> get off our butts... ;)

Progress for the sake of progress?

Ben
!