USB Print Support

I have attempted to install a new Canon Pixma iP1500 USB printer. I receive
the following error when Found New Hardware attempts to install the driver,
"An error occurred during the installation of the device." I can install
this printer on another computer running XP home and it works. I have updated
the motherboard's USB drivers and Canon's XP printer driver. What else can I
do?
3 answers Last reply
More about print support

    I have attempted to install a new Canon Pixma iP1500 USB printer. I receive
    the following error when Found New Hardware attempts to install the driver,
    "An error occurred during the installation of the device. The data is
    invalid." I can install this printer on another computer running XP home and
    it works. I have updated the motherboard's USB drivers and Canon's XP printer
    driver. What else can I do?

    Are you logged on as an Administrator?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "akluth" <akluth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have attempted to install a new Canon Pixma iP1500 USB printer. I receive
    > the following error when Found New Hardware attempts to install the
    > driver,
    > "An error occurred during the installation of the device." I can install
    > this printer on another computer running XP home and it works. I have
    > updated
    > the motherboard's USB drivers and Canon's XP printer driver. What else can
    > do?

    yes, I'm logged in as an Administrator.

    "akluth" wrote:

    > I have attempted to install a new Canon Pixma iP1500 USB printer. I receive
    > the following error when Found New Hardware attempts to install the driver,
    > "An error occurred during the installation of the device." I can install
    > this printer on another computer running XP home and it works. I have updated
    > the motherboard's USB drivers and Canon's XP printer driver. What else can I
    > do?

Support USB Windows XP