Win 7 Build 7100 Non-fakes Appear on Torrents

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
I am anxious to install the RC, but I'm going to wait for the official RC release. Build 7068 has been running just fine for me and I don't want to download now and run the risk of MS updating the RC by the release date.

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Im running 7077 and it is just fine. I read that 7100 will upgrade 1077 without a fresh install, so that's good.

My experience with torrents is twofold:
1) They take forever to download.
2) 95% of the time they are corrupted.

Still, you can occasionally get a good one.

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
wow pirateboy,

I guess the perfectly running 7077 build I am now running is fake. Well, job well done to the people who wrote this fake code.

pirateboy

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
Hehe no need to take it personal there, it's just pixels...All I am saying is that you are better off joining one of the many private torrentsites (which is free of charge, just like public sites). There is no fake or infected stuff there, you get nearly all the original scene releases, plus the speeds will max out your bandwidth.

As an alternative there are the "direct download" sites nowadays, so no need to upload anything illegal because BT means you also have to upload.

Or use newsgroups, but the good servers aren't free (though cheap).

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
I've heard that these private sites are about all closed and you can't get in. Can you recommend one that is open? How do they screen new people to make sure they aren't malicious?

Status
Not open for further replies.