Help Building a PC for Graphic Artist

cartfn00

Honorable
Feb 11, 2013
Ok Guys, really need some help here. Read through the intro first then if you can e-mail me with your thoughts. We (my wife really) needs to build a new computer for the last 6 classes she is taking at Art Institute of Pittsburgh for Graphic Artist. She has a Alienware M-17 that at the time 5 years ago cost us nearly 4 grand. It uses Adobe Illustrator (CS4) , now they use CS6. Instead of going through Dell again (which a computer build for what she needs, ran like 8 grand bottom line) I suggested going to a place here in Wisconsin called Milwaukee PC. The problem is, you know their going to try to up sell us.
Here is the question, What does she need and what can be left at the minimum, bearing in mind some stuff we would like to build a little stronger for staying ahead of the curve. Below is the minimum PC requirements needed for CS6 straight from the Adobe website. We already ruled out using a MAC pro, due to cost (most in the industry do use MACS though, but PC is fine for now) Remember this is for Graphic Arts not for flight simulator, however I told my wife, I trust these guys, their knowledgable and have no benefit from trying to upsell us, they will give unbiased opinons

Thanks from both of us

System requirements
Windows

Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor with 64-bit support; Intel Core®2 Duo or AMD Phenom® II processor required for Adobe® Premiere® Pro, After Effects®, and Encore®; Intel Core i7 processor required for Adobe SpeedGrade™
Microsoft® Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1 (64 bit) and Windows® 8. Refer to the CS6 FAQ for more information about Windows 8 support.*
2GB of RAM (4GB recommended) for 32 bit; 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended) for 64 bit
14.5GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
Additional disk space required for disk cache, preview files, and other working files (10GB recommended)
1280x900 display with 16-bit color and 512MB of VRAM; 1680x1050 display required, and second professionally calibrated viewing display recommended for SpeedGrade
OpenGL 2.0–capable system
Sound card compatible with ASIO protocol or Microsoft WDM/MME
DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs (DVD+-R burner for burning DVDs; Blu-ray burner for creating Blu-ray Disc media)
Java™ Runtime Environment 1.6 (included)
Eclipse™ 3.7 (for plug-in installation of Adobe Flash® Builder®); the following distributions are supported: Eclipse IDE for Java EE and Java Developers, Eclipse Classic, Eclipse for PHP Developers
QuickTime 7.6.6 software required for QuickTime features, multimedia, and HTML5 media playback
Dedicated GPU card required for SpeedGrade (for optimal performance in SpeedGrade and for GPU-accelerated features in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects: NVIDIA Quadro 4000, 5000, or 6000 or other Adobe-certified GPU card with at least 1GB of VRAM recommended); visit www.adobe.com/products/premiere/extend.html for supported cards
Optional: Tangent CP200 family or Tangent Wave control surface for SpeedGrade
Optional: For SDI output, NVIDIA Quadro SDI Output card required for SpeedGrade
Optional: 7200 RPM hard drive (multiple fast disk drives, preferably RAID 0 configured, recommended) for video products
This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.† Phone activation is not available.