Sign in with
Your question

Slooow Shutdown

Last response: in Windows XP
May 6, 2003 3:43:12 AM

Hi, for some reason windows has suddenly slowed right down when shutting down (so much so that it appears to have hung, untill minutes later it finally shuts down)

I think it's something I installed.

Event log gives me these errors:-

Windows cannot unload your classes registry file - it is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

and then a second later....

Windows saved user XXXX\XXXX [removed :) ] registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

How do I find out what is causing the problem?
Is there a program that will log this sort of thing?

Another problem that has happened suddenly is that in the "My Computer" window, it appears as a normal window.....

.... not sepparated in to catagories (Hard drives, doccument folders, other drives, control panel etc.). Any way to fix this?

Cheers!

More about : slooow shutdown

May 16, 2003 2:53:55 AM

The best thing to do is to uninstall whatever programs you recently installed one by one and see what happens. There are ways to look at a log but just uninstalling the programs should be enough. You can also use the system restore option in the accessoris/system tools on the start menu. As far as My Computer, just click the end icon and select the view you want.

en Xristos
!