Windows Explorer stops responding how to fix ?

All of a sudden explorer.exe just dies. If i click on a shortcut on my
desktop a few seconds later it will just stop responding and hang ?

I can only think of a few things i have changed, my video drivers and
i installed a usbcard 2.0. Could these be causing it. what would be
the top 5 things that would cause it ?

Ive done a adware,spybot and Microsoft scan nothing. I also do a
regclean using jv16 powertools. NOTHING. My next idea is a virus scan
but i think its a conflic of some type.

I was getting drwatson crashing alot before, if that helps.

Thanks. its driving me nuts.

Seems to be ok now for now. Weird thing if i clicked on explorer.exe
to browse my directtorys it was fine. And now its fine and i have NO
IDEA why it aint hanging BAHAHAHAH.

Oh well it will return still neeed the help.

How do I view the error messages registered in Event Log?:
http://www.winxptutor.com/eventlog.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User