history files

I am running I.E. 6.0 and have recently switched from ME to XP. I now notice
that in my Internet Explorer history files that not only does it show the
web pages history, it also shows all files that have been accessed. It did
not show computer files in history with Window ME. How can I get the
settings back to only show web pages? Also, when I click delete history,
nothing happens. I have checked in the most obvious places, and can't find
what I'm doing wrong Thanks!
H.B.

bar

If when IE6 is open, you press the icon [clock face with arrow pointing
between 12 to 9] it shows all URLs and Folders that have been 'browsed' by
you: this is on the Standard Buttons Toolbar.

Not sure where you are when you can click 'delete history'.