BigB

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2005

I have tried for several weeks now to download anything with no luck.The
download will start,Then when it is finished I am Imformed that it is unable
to continue and will need to close.Any Ideas or help would be great.

try using a download manager to download your file, like
www.flashget.com

"BigB" <BigB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried for several weeks now to download anything with no luck.The
> download will start,Then when it is finished I am Imformed that it is
> unable
> to continue and will need to close.Any Ideas or help would be great.

bar

Don't add any unnecessary rubbish on your PC.

What is your internet connection: Modem, ADSL or Cable?

Make sure youreview this problem with your ISP: their tech support is free.
Make sure they are aware of your problems and they can make proper
suggestions to correct them.

I repeat, don't bother with 3rd party download managers unless it is the
only solution offered to you by the ISP.

"Kenny S" wrote:

> try using a download manager to download your file, like
> www.flashget.com
>

> "BigB" <BigB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have tried for several weeks now to download anything with no luck.The
> > download will start,Then when it is finished I am Imformed that it is
> > unable
> > to continue and will need to close.Any Ideas or help would be great.

I gave him a practical fast solution to his problem in case he never finds
another solution.
Flashget is NOT rubbish its the best download manager out there.
His ISP is not obliged to help him with windows problems.

BigB, another solution is to download firefox www.getfirefox.com and use
that as a browser till you sort out your IE problem.

> Don't add any unnecessary rubbish on your PC.
>
> What is your internet connection: Modem, ADSL or Cable?
>
> Make sure youreview this problem with your ISP: their tech support is
> free.
> Make sure they are aware of your problems and they can make proper
> suggestions to correct them.
>
> I repeat, don't bother with 3rd party download managers unless it is the
> only solution offered to you by the ISP.
>
> "Kenny S" wrote:
>
>> try using a download manager to download your file, like
>> www.flashget.com
>>

>> "BigB" <BigB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have tried for several weeks now to download anything with no luck.The
>> > download will start,Then when it is finished I am Imformed that it is
>> > unable
>> > to continue and will need to close.Any Ideas or help would be great.

My ISP is always a great help with any computing problem I have had to ask
them about and the ISP before my current ISP was excellent with support for
questions I had .
NZ , Ihug and Xtra , ta .