Loxodon Warhammer

Do I gain multiple life for more than one warhammer equipped to a creature?

Jonathan Fourie <jonathan@jonREMOVEathan.za.net> wrote:
>Do I gain multiple life for more than one warhammer equipped to a creature?

Oh yes. Each one's ability will trigger separately, each time the creature
deals damage; each Warhammer triggered ability will go on the stack, and
they resolve separately.

Dave

That is what I thought, I am an organizer (you probably know by now) and I
get so many people arguing with me about that.

What about multiple mehidross vampire's?

If I had a triskelion with more than one vampire in play, would the
triskelion get 2 counters for each damage?

Jonathan

--
\/David DeLaney posting from dbd@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the
flower

On 2005-04-09, Jonathan Fourie <jonathan@jonREMOVEathan.za.net> wrote:
> What about multiple mehidross vampire's?
>
> If I had a triskelion with more than one vampire in play, would the
> triskelion get 2 counters for each damage?

I'm no judge, but I believe this is correct. Basically, Two Vampires + the
Triskellion wins the game. The Trike can hit itself, increasing the number of
+1/+1 counters it has, and then send them all to one's opponent's face,
winning the game.

Also note that the Vamp + Trike + Rite of Passage gets you a similar effect.

I'd love to know a way out of losing this way, as my opponents have used it a
number of times against me.

In vino veritas

Jonathan Fourie <jonathan@jonREMOVEathan.za.net> wrote:
>That is what I thought, I am an organizer (you probably know by now) and I
>get so many people arguing with me about that.
>
>What about multiple mehidross vampire's?

"vampires"; an apostrophe does not mean "look out, here comes an s".

Mephidross Vampire 4BB Creature - Vampire
3/4 Flying Each creature you control is a Vampire in addition to its other
creature types and has "Whenever this creature deals damage to a creature, put
a +1/+1 counter on this creature."

Each of these gives a -separate- triggered ability to all creatures you control
(including itself). Each of these also adds "Vampire" separately onto the
creature type line of all your creatures. So if you have three of these out,
all your creatures (including these three) will have the triggered ability
three times, meaning each time any creature deals damage it will end up getting
three +1/+1 counters one after another, and all your creatures are also a
"Vampire Vampire Vampire" in addition to their own types. (The three Mephidross
Vampires themselves will be "Vampire Vampire Vampire Vampire"s. This has
absolutely no effect on anything, given the existing card set, that just
being a "Vampire" wouldn't have...)

>If I had a triskelion with more than one vampire in play, would the
>triskelion get 2 counters for each damage?

The Triskelion would get N counters for each time its ability damaged
something, where N was the number of Mephidross Vampires you controlled. (Since
it would have N copies of the triggered ability from them.)

Dave

Kevin <ktneely@no.spam.astroturfgarden.com> wrote:
>I'm no judge, but I believe this is correct. Basically, Two Vampires + the
>Triskellion wins the game. The Trike can hit itself, increasing the number of
>+1/+1 counters it has, and then send them all to one's opponent's face,
>winning the game.
>
>Also note that the Vamp + Trike + Rite of Passage gets you a similar effect.
>
>I'd love to know a way out of losing this way, as my opponents have used it a
>number of times against me.

Urza's Armor, Sphere of Purity.

Dave

Time to step up the meds; I could have sworn Jonathan Fourie just
said...
> That is what I thought, I am an organizer (you probably know by now) and I
> get so many people arguing with me about that.
>

> What about multiple mehidross vampire's?
>
> If I had a triskelion with more than one vampire in play, would the
> triskelion get 2 counters for each damage?

Yes. Making it a vampire twice doesn't do anything interesting, but
giving it the Sengir ability twice certainly does; you would have two
separate abilities triggering that just happen to both do the same
thing. (Cf. Genju of the Fields)

Jonathan Fourie <jonathan@jonREMOVEathan.za.net> wrote:
>That is what I thought, I am an organizer (you probably know by now) and I
>get so many people arguing with me about that.
>
>What about multiple mehidross vampire's?

"vampires"; an apostrophe does not mean "look out, here comes an s".

Sorry Teacher, I am a bad boy for making a mistake, will you spank me
please!

On 2005-04-09, David DeLaney <dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com> wrote:
> Kevin <ktneely@no.spam.astroturfgarden.com> wrote:
>>I'm no judge, but I believe this is correct. Basically, Two Vampires + the
>>Triskellion wins the game. The Trike can hit itself, increasing the number of
>>+1/+1 counters it has, and then send them all to one's opponent's face,
>>winning the game.
>>
>>I'd love to know a way out of losing this way, as my opponents have used it a
>>number of times against me.
>
> Urza's Armor, Sphere of Purity.

Nice, thank you. I also thought of Ivory Mask, which ought to do it, as well,
right? Sphere of Purity rules, though, as it's common.

In vino veritas

Time to step up the meds; I could have sworn Kevin just said...
> On 2005-04-09, David DeLaney <dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com> wrote:
> > Kevin <ktneely@no.spam.astroturfgarden.com> wrote:
> >>I'm no judge, but I believe this is correct. Basically, Two Vampires + the
> >>Triskellion wins the game. The Trike can hit itself, increasing the number of
> >>+1/+1 counters it has, and then send them all to one's opponent's face,
> >>winning the game.
> >>
> >>I'd love to know a way out of losing this way, as my opponents have used it a
> >>number of times against me.
> >
> > Urza's Armor, Sphere of Purity.
>
> Nice, thank you. I also thought of Ivory Mask, which ought to do it, as well,
> right?

Correct. Note that in all cases your opponent still has what amounts to
an instant-speed, selective, 0-mana Wrath of God (albeit one that
ignores creatures with Protection from Artifacts, creatures that can't
be targeted, and indestructible things), which will be very bad for a
lot of decks. And having used that, he can then attack with a
Triskellion with more +1/+1 counters than you have life. Fortunately,
it's a three-card combo, all the pieces of which are on the expensive
side, which keeps it reasonable (even decks theoretically capable of it
will rarely actually "go off" in this way, as far as I can see).

Tim

> Sorry Teacher, I am a bad boy for making a mistake, will you spank me
> please!

You need to end that sentence with a "?" - unless it was meant as a demand in which
case the "will you" is redundant. Probably also could have used a semi-colon to
separate the two (three?) distinct thoughts in your one sentence. ;)

Tim

Well, the two-card version (Trisk + Mephidross) sees consistent play as
a T&N target, though most players opt for Kiki-Jiki + Colossus in the
absence of an opponent's Platinum Angel or Beacon of Creation horde
staring them down.

--J

P.S. What ever happened to T&N'ing for Platinum Angel and Leonin
Abunas?