WinXP IE Open/Save As Dialog box no longer pops up when do..

March 9, 2005 10:49:02 PM

In the dialog box that WinXP pops up after you click a file to download in IE
there is a box that is alwasy checked that I Stupidly unchecked that made
this dialog box no longer pop up any longer. I want it to and can't find any
way to turn in back on. I don't want to have to right click on files and then
click Save Target As. Any help please...email me at josh222@charter.net
Thanks so much
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 6:56:59 PM

To get the download dialog box, enable the "confirm open after download"
option for that filetype:

Open Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, File Type tab
Scroll down to locate the file type. Highlight the filetype click the
"Advanced" button.
Then check the option "confirm open after download".

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

!