Downgrade Service Pack 2?

Hey all,

Problem: Siemens WinCC absolutly hates XP SP2.
Solution: Dont use Service Pack 2?

The 7 systems we need to build will be running WinCC and can not have XP SP2
installed. The problem is, you can not buy XP with SP1 any more because
Microsoft are forcing us to SP2. We now need a way to downgrade our SP2
installations to SP1. Is this possible?
We havent gone to the trouble of installing all the systems with our OEM
copies of XP SP2 yet.
The only thing we tried was installing a copy of XP SP1 and using the XP SP2
Product Key. No Luck.
Any help will be great!
Thanks!

If your installation CDs include SP-2, there is no removing it.

The copy of Windows XP SP-1 you tried, is it also OEM?
If not the key is not interchangeable with other types.

Exactly what type of OEM CD is Windows XP SP-2?
Where did you get them?
Can you get a Windows XP SP-1 CD from the same source and the same type of
CD?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"gsouth" <gsouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> Problem: Siemens WinCC absolutly hates XP SP2.
> Solution: Dont use Service Pack 2?
>
> The 7 systems we need to build will be running WinCC and can not have XP
> SP2
> installed. The problem is, you can not buy XP with SP1 any more because
> Microsoft are forcing us to SP2. We now need a way to downgrade our SP2
> installations to SP1. Is this possible?
> We havent gone to the trouble of installing all the systems with our OEM
> copies of XP SP2 yet.
> The only thing we tried was installing a copy of XP SP1 and using the XP
> SP2
> Product Key. No Luck.
> Any help will be great!
> Thanks!

The OEM XP CD contains SP2, there is only 1 CD.
The copy of XP SP1 we were trying is our Microsoft Partners Action Pack CD.
Not OEM?
The XP SP2 were perchased through Synnex Austraila and they along with many
other sources have assured us they can not supply XP SP1.
Please Help!
Thanks

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> If your installation CDs include SP-2, there is no removing it.
>
> The copy of Windows XP SP-1 you tried, is it also OEM?
> If not the key is not interchangeable with other types.
>
> Exactly what type of OEM CD is Windows XP SP-2?
> Where did you get them?
> Can you get a Windows XP SP-1 CD from the same source and the same type of
> CD?
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "gsouth" <gsouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Problem: Siemens WinCC absolutly hates XP SP2.
> > Solution: Dont use Service Pack 2?
> >
> > The 7 systems we need to build will be running WinCC and can not have XP
> > SP2
> > installed. The problem is, you can not buy XP with SP1 any more because
> > Microsoft are forcing us to SP2. We now need a way to downgrade our SP2
> > installations to SP1. Is this possible?
> > We havent gone to the trouble of installing all the systems with our OEM
> > copies of XP SP2 yet.
> > The only thing we tried was installing a copy of XP SP1 and using the XP
> > SP2
> > Product Key. No Luck.
> > Any help will be great!
> > Thanks!

The Action Pack key is not compatible with the OEM key unfortunately, as you
have already seen.
I do not really have any good options.
Unless you have a Microsoft representative contact through your business.
If you do, perhaps they can do something for you since you have Action Pack
with SP-1.

--

> The OEM XP CD contains SP2, there is only 1 CD.
> The copy of XP SP1 we were trying is our Microsoft Partners Action Pack
> CD.
> Not OEM?
> The XP SP2 were perchased through Synnex Austraila and they along with
> many
> other sources have assured us they can not supply XP SP1.
> Please Help!
> Thanks
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If your installation CDs include SP-2, there is no removing it.
>>
>> The copy of Windows XP SP-1 you tried, is it also OEM?
>> If not the key is not interchangeable with other types.
>>
>> Exactly what type of OEM CD is Windows XP SP-2?
>> Where did you get them?
>> Can you get a Windows XP SP-1 CD from the same source and the same type
>> of
>> CD?
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>>

>> "gsouth" <gsouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey all,
>> >
>> > Problem: Siemens WinCC absolutly hates XP SP2.
>> > Solution: Dont use Service Pack 2?
>> >
>> > The 7 systems we need to build will be running WinCC and can not have
>> > XP
>> > SP2
>> > installed. The problem is, you can not buy XP with SP1 any more because
>> > Microsoft are forcing us to SP2. We now need a way to downgrade our SP2
>> > installations to SP1. Is this possible?
>> > We havent gone to the trouble of installing all the systems with our
>> > OEM
>> > copies of XP SP2 yet.
>> > The only thing we tried was installing a copy of XP SP1 and using the
>> > XP
>> > SP2
>> > Product Key. No Luck.
>> > Any help will be great!
>> > Thanks!

"gsouth" <gsouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The OEM XP CD contains SP2, there is only 1 CD.
> The copy of XP SP1 we were trying is our Microsoft Partners Action Pack
> CD.
> Not OEM?
> The XP SP2 were perchased through Synnex Austraila and they along with
> many
> other sources have assured us they can not supply XP SP1.
> Please Help!
> Thanks

If you are using an integrated XP with SP2 there is no way to downgrade that
to SP1.
You either need to approach Siemens for a statement from them of their
support for XP SP2 and when/if they will be doing the appropriate work to
make their product usable under Windows XP SP2; or contact the OEM of the
PCs and see if they can provide you with an SP1 version of their build.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"gsouth" <gsouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The OEM XP CD contains SP2, there is only 1 CD.
> The copy of XP SP1 we were trying is our Microsoft Partners Action Pack
> CD.
> Not OEM?
> The XP SP2 were perchased through Synnex Austraila and they along with
> many
> other sources have assured us they can not supply XP SP1.
> Please Help!
> Thanks
>
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If your installation CDs include SP-2, there is no removing it.
>>
>> The copy of Windows XP SP-1 you tried, is it also OEM?
>> If not the key is not interchangeable with other types.
>>
>> Exactly what type of OEM CD is Windows XP SP-2?
>> Where did you get them?
>> Can you get a Windows XP SP-1 CD from the same source and the same type
>> of
>> CD?
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>>

>> "gsouth" <gsouth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hey all,
>> >
>> > Problem: Siemens WinCC absolutly hates XP SP2.
>> > Solution: Dont use Service Pack 2?
>> >
>> > The 7 systems we need to build will be running WinCC and can not have
>> > XP
>> > SP2
>> > installed. The problem is, you can not buy XP with SP1 any more because
>> > Microsoft are forcing us to SP2. We now need a way to downgrade our SP2
>> > installations to SP1. Is this possible?
>> > We havent gone to the trouble of installing all the systems with our
>> > OEM
>> > copies of XP SP2 yet.
>> > The only thing we tried was installing a copy of XP SP1 and using the
>> > XP
>> > SP2
>> > Product Key. No Luck.
>> > Any help will be great!
>> > Thanks!

simplegreen

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I was trying to do exactly this on a old pc I got, is it possible 2 do this without the install disk and if possible with a usb?