Upgrading my CPU, Memory & Formating - Re-activating Windows

I know this has probably been answered 20 times before but I want to
definitly make sure that I can re-activate the OEM version of Window XP Home
Edition SP2 if I upgrade my CPU, put in more memory and format my hard drive.
The reason why I am going to format my hard drive is because I am having
problems with viruses. Yes, I have made sure that I can upgrade my CPU safely.
1 answer Last reply
More about upgrading memory formating activating windows

    1. Change of CPU in existing motherboard [provided you can get one] is OK.
    2. Increase memory size, is OK: make sure you get additional memory of
    exactly the same specification as existing modules.
    3. Reinstallation is permitted.

    "Alan (TB) Tracey" wrote:

    > I know this has probably been answered 20 times before but I want to
    > definitly make sure that I can re-activate the OEM version of Window XP Home
    > Edition SP2 if I upgrade my CPU, put in more memory and format my hard drive.
    > The reason why I am going to format my hard drive is because I am having
    > problems with viruses. Yes, I have made sure that I can upgrade my CPU safely.

Memory CPUs Hard Drives Windows XP