Hello,

I am on Zero Life, and my opponent is on Five Life, I have a Platinum Angel
in Play, and he has a "non-significant Creature", If I were to cast a death
Cloud for Five, making him Lose five life before I have to Sacrifice my
Platinum Angel, will he die before me?, or will I have to wait for the whole
spell to resolve, killing both of us?

Thank you
Jonathan Fourie TO

Jonathan Fourie <jonathan@jonREMOVEathan.za.net> wrote:
>I am on Zero Life, and my opponent is on Five Life,

Then...

>I have a Platinum Angel in Play,

....oh, no problem then.

>and he has a "non-significant Creature", If I were to cast a death
>Cloud for Five, making him Lose five life before I have to Sacrifice my
>Platinum Angel, will he die before me?, or will I have to wait for the whole
>spell to resolve, killing both of us?

State-based effects won't be checked for until after the spell is entirely
done resolving, and "players with 0 or less life lose the game" is a state-
based effect. So yes, your Angel will be gone, and both of you will be at 0
or less life, the next time this is checked for, so the game will end as a
draw.

Dave

gil-galad

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2004

You will have to wait for the spell to resolve completely. The
state-based effect will only take effect when a player get priority,
which is after the spell resolves.

GG