So i want to replace my desktop with a gaming laptop. My biggest issue is perharps my location, since i'm brazillian it's harder to ship and may cost a lot more. I'm planning to visit the US in june or july, so that's when i'm supposed to buy my laptop. So i want to start looking for the best buy.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
don't really know, i'm quite comfortable with my desktop's 1280x1024, the most cost effective option here i suppose
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
doesn't really matter
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
LoL (high), Dota2 (high), Diablo3 (med-high), and med for whatever may be launched afterwards
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Most likely Photo/Video editing, nothing pro tho
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 160gb @ 7200 i suppose, i'll probably buy an external storage device in the future
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any site will or store will be fine. Suggestions would be nice since i'll probably buy it once i get there. Oh and if you know some way to ship to Brazil without crazy taxes, please let me know
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I'd like to keep for at least 4 years, even if it means spending a little bit more for a overall better laptop
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/Writer is enough
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Don't know much about laptop brands =/, altho alienware looks really nice
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
At home i'm planning to use the laptop connected to my tv most of the time, so i don't know if that WirelessHD is necessary of if my VGA cable is enough
Thanks in advance
More about :choosing gaming laptop replace desktop