Qustion about a Dell 866 XPS_r and Sony Monitors

Hi all I just got a Sony LCD monitor from my brother and I hooked it up to my
Dell albeit it older 866 xps_r system. The Machine has the NVidia 64mb GeForce
Card in it. I downloaded the appropriate sony
drivers from their website and everything works fine the color and everything
is beautiful...What my problem is that I have what appears to be scan lines
running through on a page of text for instance or anything with a white
background. They appear to conincide with every line of text or every other
line like a non interlaced or interlaced situation. Does anyone have any
ideas, I was wondering if it is the Video card not supporting it or something
or the refresh rate being wrong. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone
might have at all....Thank you all in advance and everyone here have a Very
Good New Years....Andy

"Bruinfan50" <bruinfan50@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi all I just got a Sony LCD monitor from my brother and I hooked it up to
> my
> Dell albeit it older 866 xps_r system. The Machine has the NVidia 64mb
> GeForce
> Card in it. I downloaded the appropriate sony
> drivers from their website and everything works fine the color and
> everything
> is beautiful...What my problem is that I have what appears to be scan
> lines
> running through on a page of text for instance or anything with a white
> background. They appear to conincide with every line of text or every
> other
> line like a non interlaced or interlaced situation. Does anyone have any
> ideas, I was wondering if it is the Video card not supporting it or
> something
> or the refresh rate being wrong. I would greatly appreciate any help
> anyone
> might have at all....Thank you all in advance and everyone here have a
> Very
> Good New Years....Andy

Andy,

I may be wrong, but I've seen what you're describing on my Trinitron CRT (a
couple of times) after a clean install of WinXP using the XP native drivers.

As soon as I changed over to Detonator drivers, the problem went away. Not
sure if this is what you're seeing or not, but it basically screwed up the
scroll/refresh of any/all text in IE webpages....

Stew