Qustion about a Dell 866 XPS_r and Sony Monitors

Hi all I just got a Sony LCD monitor from my brother and I hooked it up to my
Dell albeit it older 866 xps_r system. The Machine has the NVidia 64mb GeForce
Card in it. I downloaded the appropriate sony
drivers from their website and everything works fine the color and everything
is beautiful...What my problem is that I have what appears to be scan lines
running through on a page of text for instance or anything with a white
background. They appear to conincide with every line of text or every other
line like a non interlaced or interlaced situation. Does anyone have any
ideas, I was wondering if it is the Video card not supporting it or something
or the refresh rate being wrong. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone
might have at all....Thank you all in advance and everyone here have a Very
Good New Years....Andy
1 answer Last reply
More about qustion dell xps_r sony monitors

    "Bruinfan50" <bruinfan50@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all I just got a Sony LCD monitor from my brother and I hooked it up to
    > my
    > Dell albeit it older 866 xps_r system. The Machine has the NVidia 64mb
    > GeForce
    > Card in it. I downloaded the appropriate sony
    > drivers from their website and everything works fine the color and
    > everything
    > is beautiful...What my problem is that I have what appears to be scan
    > lines
    > running through on a page of text for instance or anything with a white
    > background. They appear to conincide with every line of text or every
    > other
    > line like a non interlaced or interlaced situation. Does anyone have any
    > ideas, I was wondering if it is the Video card not supporting it or
    > something
    > or the refresh rate being wrong. I would greatly appreciate any help
    > anyone
    > might have at all....Thank you all in advance and everyone here have a
    > Very
    > Good New Years....Andy

    Andy,

    I may be wrong, but I've seen what you're describing on my Trinitron CRT (a
    couple of times) after a clean install of WinXP using the XP native drivers.

    As soon as I changed over to Detonator drivers, the problem went away. Not
    sure if this is what you're seeing or not, but it basically screwed up the
    scroll/refresh of any/all text in IE webpages....

    Stew

Dell XPS Sony Computers