This device cannot start (Code 10)

I tried to install a USB midiman8 to my new winXP computer. I installed the
new midiman8 drivers from their web site per their instructions ("click the
..exe with the midiman not connected then connect the device afterwards").

"This device cannot start (Code 10)" was the error message I got form XP.

What do I do?

I am brand new to win XP.
2 answers Last reply
More about this device start code

    And just exactly what are the 'installation and setup' instructions
    suggesting you do for this device?

    Read you user manual carefully, then make sure you follow the instructions
    to the letter.

    If installation fails, call their help desk.

    If you have none of the above information, or no support is available to
    you: take the product back to the retailler and get one that is properly
    documented and has support available to its users.

    "BAR" wrote:

    > And just exactly what are the 'installation and setup' instructions
    > suggesting you do for this device?

    ...."("click the [xp drivers]
    .exe with the midiman not connected then connect the device afterwards")."

    > Read you user manual carefully, then make sure you follow the instructions
    > to the letter.

    I did that...

    "I installed the
    new midiman8 drivers from their web site per their instructions ("click the
    .exe with the midiman not connected then connect the device afterwards")."

    I have an alienware computer and consequently I can call 24/7 for help. But
    I wanted to know how to do it on my own. I wanted to know if it was a simple
    switch in my xp that I have to hit or something.

    > If installation fails, call their help desk.

    Well I went to midiman site and the first shooing refered me to the faq
    which simply refered me to the instructions I already followed.

    > If you have none of the above information, or no support is available to
    > you: take the product back to the retailler and get one that is properly
    > documented and has support available to its users.

    I think midiman's out with that is that the gizmo is 7 years old and no
    longer supported acutely.

    The midiman8 worked fine with win98 and win98se.

    Other things I have installed on this xp computer didn't go smoothly either.
    (I am brand new to xp, coming from win98, pentII.)

    > "J12" wrote:
    >
    > > I tried to install a USB midiman8 to my new winXP computer. I installed the
    > > new midiman8 drivers from their web site per their instructions ("click the
    > > .exe with the midiman not connected then connect the device afterwards").
    > >
    > > "This device cannot start (Code 10)" was the error message I got form XP.
    > >
    > > What do I do?
    > >
    > > I am brand new to win XP.

Devices Windows XP