XP SP2 and Windows Installer

Running XP Professional SP2 (embedded, not applied). I can't install or
uninstall anything and I am an admin on the PC. I've also tried all the
following:

Article ID 888019
Article ID 315353
Article ID 324516
Article ID 885894
Article ID 555175

I've also tried several TID's from Kelly's Korner and none of them worked
either. Anyone have any ideas less blowing away the OS and reinstalling
everything.

Thanks

Try going to run,type:services.msc In msc scroll down to windows installer,
then double click on it,then in properties,select from manual mode its now in
to auto,then start service,close out.

"Ben Lewis" wrote:

> Running XP Professional SP2 (embedded, not applied). I can't install or
> uninstall anything and I am an admin on the PC. I've also tried all the
> following:
>
> Article ID 888019
> Article ID 315353
> Article ID 324516
> Article ID 885894
> Article ID 555175
>

> I've also tried several TID's from Kelly's Korner and none of them worked
> either. Anyone have any ideas less blowing away the OS and reinstalling
> everything.
>
> Thanks

Sorry, same error message. The windows installer service can not be
accessed. If you are running in safe mode (I'm not) etc, etc.

"Andrew E." wrote:

> Try going to run,type:services.msc In msc scroll down to windows installer,
> then double click on it,then in properties,select from manual mode its now in
> to auto,then start service,close out.
>
> "Ben Lewis" wrote:
>
> > Running XP Professional SP2 (embedded, not applied). I can't install or
> > uninstall anything and I am an admin on the PC. I've also tried all the
> > following:
> >
> > Article ID 888019
> > Article ID 315353
> > Article ID 324516
> > Article ID 885894
> > Article ID 555175
> >

> > I've also tried several TID's from Kelly's Korner and none of them worked
> > either. Anyone have any ideas less blowing away the OS and reinstalling
> > everything.
> >
> > Thanks

Same issue here and have tried many different suggestions. I am now trying
the SFC /SCANNOW function by going to Start>Run>SFC /SCANNOW and having my XP
disk in the drive. Hopefully this will fix it if not I will have to reinstall
since nothing else seems to work for me.

If someone has an idea please let me know before I wipe the drive and loose
all the stuff I can't backup.....looks like Compusa is going to be selling
one of those USB hard drives to me for backing up this 40GB HD.

Thanks

Will Nichols