Desktop Icons

March 10, 2005 7:31:29 PM

I have a Sony Vaio, WinXP Home Edition (factory installed). I turn the
computer off everynight, and at times (not all the time) when restarting the
next morning the desktop icons fail to install, and the bar across the
bottom with Start, the time ect. isn't there.
I can turn the computer off, back on and the desktop icons will appear when
it reboots. Sometimes it takes a couple of restarts (reboots). What's
causing this. I have a firewall, virus protection, ad-aware, S&Destroy.
The computer is clean. This sure has me baffled. Can someone help with an
answer?

More about : desktop icons

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 9:29:53 PM