Desktop Icons

I have a Sony Vaio, WinXP Home Edition (factory installed). I turn the
computer off everynight, and at times (not all the time) when restarting the
next morning the desktop icons fail to install, and the bar across the
bottom with Start, the time ect. isn't there.
I can turn the computer off, back on and the desktop icons will appear when
it reboots. Sometimes it takes a couple of restarts (reboots). What's
causing this. I have a firewall, virus protection, ad-aware, S&Destroy.
The computer is clean. This sure has me baffled. Can someone help with an
answer?
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop icons

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "BobHunt" <huntrno@spamcox.net> wrote in message news:8V3Yd.31182$3z.28847@okepread03...
    >I have a Sony Vaio, WinXP Home Edition (factory installed). I turn the computer off everynight, and at times (not all the time)
    >when restarting the next morning the desktop icons fail to install, and the bar across the bottom with Start, the time ect. isn't
    >there.
    > I can turn the computer off, back on and the desktop icons will appear when it reboots. Sometimes it takes a couple of restarts
    > (reboots). What's causing this. I have a firewall, virus protection, ad-aware, S&Destroy. The computer is clean. This sure has
    > me baffled. Can someone help with an answer?

Computers Desktop Icons Windows XP